Calling all Marines! Recruiter comes tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tough call. I signed up my daughter in the Navy last year, and am signing my son up in the Navy in May. If your son wants to do it, let him. He will be treated like sh-t in the Marines, but he will learn to appreciate the things in life that he may not have noticed before. I discouraged my kids from visiting the Marine recruitor, or the Army recruitor; did not want them coming home in body bags. Sorry, just a dad speaking...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough call. I signed up my daughter in the Navy last year, and am signing my son up in the Navy in May. If your son wants to do it, let him. He will be treated like sh-t in the Marines, but he will learn to appreciate the things in life that he may not have noticed before. I discouraged my kids from visiting the Marine recruitor, or the Army recruitor; did not want them coming home in body bags. Sorry, just a dad speaking...
I don't have the figures, but there are casualities in each branch of service, during conflicts.
Granted, some have more, and some less, but never the less, it happens. Pearl Harbor.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeh, I know. And even to this day people have this idea that the National Guard is a safe place. But the Guard is really the main weight of the Army. I just saw how easy the squids had it. I told the kids that the Air Force would be good, too. But I remember how easy those squids had it. And I don't want my boy out there running beside a tank with a rifle. So I really encouraged them to join the Navy; get the same educational benefits for doing so much less. I am being selfish for them, as a dad should. My daughter likes the Navy, and this comes as a surprise. She's not pulling a cry baby and trying to weenie out. I don't want a bunch of angry Navy guys finger wagging me for saying they had it easy - they were smart!

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did my 4, fought in the Cold War under Reagan, Son did 4, wanted to join the Marines @ 17, I wouldn't sign, he says "I'll just wait till I'm 18" i said I'd sign for the Airforce, 1 year later He's in Iraq, BTW, 30 years later I'm still doing the same thing I did in the service. The differences with the branches, The Navy softens the beach, the Marines take the beach, the Army sets up the tents and the Air Force sleeps in them, LOL, Tell him don't get married in tech school!!!!!!!!!! Last thing I said to my son when he left was " God loves a workin' man, don't trust whitey, and see a doctor and get rid of it." Keep us posted and we can send care packages (OSA), P.S. letters are very important, I wrote my son EVERY day, even just a few lines and I would send him a 7 day forecast for where he was at during basic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom