Campus firearm bill sees new life, again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is my response:

The purpose of the Oklahoma SDA is to allow citizens protection not only in absence of police and security officers, but also for circumstances when they are not available immediately. While I realize that police and security are on campus, they can not be everywhere all the time. Crime still occurs on the campus of OU, and further protection from those crimes is what I seek. The Oklahoma Legislature has allowed me that right to self-protection, and I am asking that you allow me that same right while I am on your campus.
If the State of Oklahoma has seen fit to grant me a license and give me permission to carry a weapon for self defense, why does the University of Oklahoma not do the same?

Thank You,
Bob Vest

What do you think (other than I am wasting my time)?

bob

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all in who you know... (most likely)

I am sure the amount of zeroes on checks to the Boren campaign funds were extreme and unusual ;)

Good on you 1shot(bob)!

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

We all know this is an uphill battle, but in order to be effective, we should all write letters to all university presidents (well, public at least) asking permission to carry on campus. As citizens, the public universities are an asset to all residents as we should no be forbidden to visit them, lest we forfeit a special permission already granted to us by a state agency (OSBI) that exercises far more comprehensive investigations than the university's president.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
walk around campus with one of these on
awww.germes_online.com_direct_dbimage_50208230_Bulletproof_Vest.jpg

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last response from them (especially since it seems to be a moot point anyway):

Mr. Vest-

This decision was made with much care and concern of your needs as well as the security of the campus. Please understand that this is the policy we will stand by for the time being.
Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

President's Action Line
660 Parrington Oval | Evans Hall
Room 117-B | Norman, OK 73019
office: 405.325.1212 | email: [email protected]

bob

Latest posts

Top Bottom