Campus firearm bill sees new life, again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HAHAHA,that's a good one.This whole thing is kind of silly.There are 40 something(?) states that allow concealed carry and NONE have experienced an increase of "wild shootouts".Why should anyone believe that extending this privilege to school campuses would be any different?? From my experience,most people who get a CWL carry it for a short while and then realize that "it's too heavy" or "I have to dress a certain way" and soon cease to carry.It takes a dedication to carry daily.I suggest that these people are the ones who also work on their marksmanship and self control. Steve

Or are prohibited from carrying daily by law just because of where we work and park.

Studied up on MO's CCW laws since we took a trip up there last week. Thought it was refreshing that K12 parking lots were not off limits to leave your CCW in the vehicle while you were working.

And it's not that hard to conceal a handgun. Could you tell I was carrying a full size 1911 under a tshirt at lunc friday?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Or are prohibited from carrying daily by law just because of where we work and park.

Studied up on MO's CCW laws since we took a trip up there last week. Thought it was refreshing that K12 parking lots were not off limits to leave your CCW in the vehicle while you were working.

And it's not that hard to conceal a handgun. Could you tell I was carrying a full size 1911 under a tshirt at lunc friday?

It's painful to look at you :yikes2:, so I try not to.:pms2: Steve

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1shot(bob), make sure to let us know what the response to your letter is. I'm intrigued.

Her is the response I got today.

Mr. Vest-

Thank you for your email. We are researching this issue and will be in contact shortly with an answer.

President's Action Line
660 Parrington Oval | Evans Hall
Room 117-B | Norman, OK 73019
office: 405.325.1212 | email: [email protected]

bob

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that actually seems hopeful. That being said, there was a statement by burns hargis posted earlier in this thread that leads me to believe he will be unlikely to approve me. thanks for keepin me up to date. I look forward to their further researches results.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm remembering correctly several years ago there was a member here who wrote to Boren seeking permission to carry concealed on the OU campus. The refusal letter suggested carrying pepper spray.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received my response from OU. Here it is:

Mr. Vest-

Upon review of your request to get exemption for a concealed weapon on campus, we have decided that we cannot honor this request as we have a very strict policy that we must abide. Please note that this was decision made in the interest of our campus’s safety, as all precautions are taken to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and safe.
Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

President's Action Line

And here is my response back to them:

Could you please enlighten me on the standards and criteria used in making this determination, and more specifically, which criteria I failed to meet?

Thank you,
Bob Vest

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A response to my follow-up letter:

Mr. Vest-

After speaking with the appropriate individuals about this matter, we were informed that it is very rare that permission is given to anyone that makes such a request. Only under extreme and unusual circumstances is this request granted. Please understand that we have ample police officers and security that patrol our campus. Again, we have a very strict policy that we must abide.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

President's Action Line

Now I'm crafting a letter back to them about violence still existing on campus, and the fact that no one is better able to protect me than me, since I am always present.

bob

Latest posts

Top Bottom