Canton Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I live at canton lake part time and shoot here often. They have a public outboor range (200yds) and its not bad. only 2 benches however plenty of room for other shooters. The U.S. Arms Corp of Engineers is debating on building a 1,100 yard 50 cal friendly range. I, for one, support this! Anybody in the area come shoot to show involvement or if you have spare time call the Corp office at canton lake and request a longer range. Every request could count right now to get a 1,100yd. range in NW oklahoma!!!!

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its on the West side of the Lake IIRC. Come off the dam and drive past the beach a ways and there used to be a sign that directed you from there.Kind of like Lexington in that you had to have a hunting license. Its been a couple of years since I shot there. It wasnt a bad range and the Outlook Restaurant by the dam had excellent food. We ought to have an OSA shoot and eat there sometime.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its on the West side of the Lake IIRC. Come off the dam and drive past the beach a ways and there used to be a sign that directed you from there.Kind of like Lexington in that you had to have a hunting license. Its been a couple of years since I shot there. It wasnt a bad range and the Outlook Restaurant by the dam had excellent food. We ought to have an OSA shoot and eat there sometime.

Wanna know something ironic? my dad owns that restraunt!

OSA shoot? I fully support! they will build the range if the people will come!!!

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never heard of a range in Canton. Are you sure it's public? What are the hours of operation, location, and price?

Its free and hours are sun up to sun down. The only bad thing is you must have a valid hunting license because it is on public hunting land. I grew up on canton lake and started the shooting career there at the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom