Canton Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GC's not here for me to ask so I will ask you guys ... is there camping out there?? I am tempted to make him take a few days off and do a little vacation when this event happens. Would be nice to look around ... I have never been in that part of the state.

Also, any ideas for places of interest around there? Thanks!! BB

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GC's not here for me to ask so I will ask you guys ... is there camping out there?? I am tempted to make him take a few days off and do a little vacation when this event happens. Would be nice to look around ... I have never been in that part of the state.

Also, any ideas for places of interest around there? Thanks!! BB

Yes there is camping, anything from shade trees and grass to full hook ups for motor homes. Not sure, but I think the closest camping tends to be mostly primitive, but all kinds of camping can be found at the lake.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes there is camping, anything from shade trees and grass to full hook ups for motor homes. Not sure, but I think the closest camping tends to be mostly primitive, but all kinds of camping can be found at the lake.

That sounds like a fun weekend of shooting, camping and maybe some fishin. Just might have to bring the whole family....Maybe we can all get in the same camping area and have and OSA campout and shootin weekend.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand you have to have a oklahoma state hunting license to use the public ranges now...............................is that true.
Havent been to a public range on state property in 20 years so I really dont know:drunk2:

I regularly shoot at our public range down in the Quachita's without a hunting liscense. Never even seen a game warden there. That does seem to be the law though, although if someone wasn't a hunter and didn't read the regulation book they would never know it.

redleg45

Marksman
Reaction score
Canton is a Corp of Engineers lake. You can make reservations for camp sites on the Corp website. The best plan is to pick a weekend well ahead of time and designate the preferred camp area for the group. Then each individual can go to the website and reserve their spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom