Carrygun Match at Heartland December 19th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not many will want to start the stage laying down on the floor. Getting a bed in there won't be easy and a cot won't be stable enough.

But, I'll see what I can work in with "Practical" starts, like sitting in a chair watching TV, etc.

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not many will want to start the stage laying down on the floor. Getting a bed in there won't be easy and a cot won't be stable enough.

But, I'll see what I can work in with "Practical" starts, like sitting in a chair watching TV, etc.

You mean something like sitting in a chair with your legs crossed on top of a 5 gallon bucket with your hands behind your head with fingers crossed and your looking at the ceiling through your eyes closed with your unloaded gun on the table and no bullets in the mag? Ok well maybe bullets in the mag

Sounds like fun to me!

:friday:

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean something like sitting in a chair with your legs crossed on top of a 5 gallon bucket with your hands behind your head with fingers crossed and your looking at the ceiling through your eyes closed with your unloaded gun on the table and no bullets in the mag?

Or something close to it, yes.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to try and be productive. I wanna see another pickup style thing like with the .22lr but w/ a home defense shotgun and you begin the stage by having to get up from a laying down starting position.

I have a great little Nordic Components 22LR upper on a lower that we could use as a home defense simulation gun. Plus everybody would get to check out the best 22lr dedicated upper in the game. I also have pistol grip 870 or standard 870 we could use for home defense prop guns. Letme know if you want to play with them.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a couple issues using a second gun for a stage.

First is safety: how do you deal with the second gun while going with the second? This past match we used a bolt action .22 that the RO loaded with only one round. Even if the shooter didn't open the bolt, there was no way the gun could've gotten a second shot into the chamber.

If the second gun is used last, then what to do with the gun the shooter used to get to that point? I had considered having a padded plastic bin at the last position where the shooter could deposit his gun, pick up the second gun and complete the CoF from there. (no moving away from the first gun)

Another issue is ammo. Who gets to buy/donate it?

And the last issue is stage run-time. Using two guns slows things down. In fact, I'd originally planned on having the second gun at the last position to help things run a bit faster, but I figured we'd only have 15-20 shooters, so doing it the "inefficient" way wouldn't be that big of a deal. Well, we had 32 shooters and while it didn't run quite as fast, it wasn't a big deal.

Another concern is if every shooter can handle the gun used. The pistol grip shotgun may not be a good choice as a result. The standard 870 would, but we'd have to use dove loads.

Let me see what I can come up with..........

(yes, we can (and have) make a hallway out of the tarps)

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone got me on video at the last Carrygun match. Specifically, the stage that had a Bill Drill at 3 positions.

PM me if you did.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom