Catfish still have eggs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1658628498570.png

7-22-2022 Thunderbird lake that bigger catfish still had a belly full of eggs as did another catfish.
crazy.

Yes that was Rusto camo paint job.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ft Gibson lake east of Tulsa here. Yep warmed up early, then had a lot of cold flooding rains and the lake cooled back down with the water level high for quite a while. Everything seems to be messed up. My favorite summertime "holes" seem to be empty but catching strays in odd places. I fillet my cats like a standard fish, just starting a little further back, so have not looked for eggs. Yep, WX a mess this year. Thanks for sharing.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Late spawn, weather is all buggered up to hell. I need to get back out fishing!

Nice looking catch! That big one looks pretty good size. Close to 10 pounds?

I do not know the weight that is my buddies son with the fish, I did not go on that trip.
I showed them this year where to go on Tbird to catch fish and they have been going there often and getting stringers like that during the day.

Few days worth of eating and head back out and do it again.

His boy and his boys wife were eating Vegan for many years and his wife got sick and and doctor told her that her protein and calcium levels were way too low and now they eat like farm hands.
And feel better.
They love that fish.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know the weight that is my buddies son with the fish, I did not go on that trip.
I showed them this year where to go on Tbird to catch fish and they have been going there often and getting stringers like that during the day.

Few days worth of eating and head back out and do it again.

His boy and his boys wife were eating Vegan for many years and his wife got sick and and doctor told her that her protein and calcium levels were way too low and now they eat like farm hands.
And feel better.
They love that fish.
Interesting! I have a similar story from an aunt of mine. Super healthy lifestyle, vegan, hard-core Health nut. But hell she wound up making herself very sick. Mixes in more variety in her diet now.

I go through phases, certain years I catch and eat lots of fish. I never like to eat tons and tons of it in a row though, due to potential mercury levels and toxins etc.

Power to them for getting out in the heat and catching fish though! That’s awesome

Latest posts

Top Bottom