Catfishing experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None that I know of, unless you just happened to have a spot shallow enough to walk out and run your trotline. But I always get nervous being in the water with hooks and lines out, there is potential for disaster.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use throw lines on occasion. find a deep bank, tie off a 20' line with a half dozen hooks on it, stretch it out down the bank and throw it out as far as you can. You have to put a weight on the end, and if you can find them, the old window sash weights that are cast iron work great. Come back later, drag it in and see what you caught.
I probably have 2 dozen of them made up, and typically use them in a river vs a lake, but they would work in a lake as well.

zcruse

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd just use night-crawlers. Earlier in the spring, up at Grand Lake we just used the cheapest ones the bait shop sold and averaged about 50lbs a day jugging. It was much easier and faster than catching bait.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too late. The cats,carp,shad, buffalo,minners and drum have all rotted and the lake is drying up. The few gar that remained in the weir area have now died too. It is all over. Pray for rain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom