Caught two deer poachers today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:hyper::hyper::woohoo1::woohoo1::mosh::clap3:

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

Court date was yesterday. Talked to the Ok GW that was the arresting officer this evening.
Wednesday, their attorney called the court and put in a guilty plea for all charges.
Now, with that plea, they will go after the gun, which has been confiscated, the hunting licenses, and will seek restitution of the TWO deer that had their heads in the back of their truck. I didn't know about the other.

The GW told me that this same guy(there were two of them in the truck) had been calling him, wanting to get ride-alongs. Trying to figure out his schedule I guess.
Evidently, according to the GW he knew the guy was dirty, and never did that. Just never had proof until now.

With the guilty plea, and if the restitution will stick, its going to cost them in the range of $12,000 dollars after its all said and done!:D

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job Dennis, I've got 400 acres of land and have a problem with poachers. Several years ago one of our judges boys shot a nice buck across the hood of his pickup. He bragged about it to some of my friends but I didn't have enough evidence to get him busted. I wouldn't begrudge a hungrey person a deer but a poacher for a rack that leaves the meat should lose his vehicle and gun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully the 12k fine, loss of license privileges, and loss of firearm penalties all stick and hopefully some people take notice and it deters a few would be's. Thanks for the update

The fine is sealed in stone with the guilty plea.

The GW said the restitution would be in the 2K range per deer if it sticks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom