CCL Application asks for ALL prior convictions even as a minor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
due to my schizophrenic mother getting me in trouble with DHS when i was 15, i was "juvenile in need of supervision" i dont know if i was "convicted" or what but it was a load of BS. I guess whenever i get around to getting my CCL i'm gonna hafta put that down on the application.

okay i got a question and this has never slowed me down on NICS checks but i came close to having a restraining order put on me by my crazy uncle who died the night before court in jail and the whole thing was dropped, do you have to list that too??

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I applied for the chl, I had several things that had to be expunged or they precluded me, due to being denied when ok first got the chl. after myexpungement 10 years later, I filed and filled out the form with all that info even though it was expunged and wala I got the license. No big deal and it is somewhere. Just fill it out to the best of your ability. and be honest. Read the sda book prior and ensure you are eligible and if so fill it out. If you have questions the sda osbi has an email address on the osbi website. if you have a record you cannot remember, then do your own research and fill it in the blanks. I had to use two forms for mine, but that and with my expungement paperwork got me the chl. Good luck.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the OSBI finds "anything" thats not listed it is an AUTOMATIC DENIAL' Please read the Application.
I would suggest Listing EVERYTHING.
If theres something you think might get you a Denial, I would suggest calling the OSBI Attorney. They are there to help...........Or pay $135 for a background check. This is MY experience.:Heya:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
okay i got a question and this has never slowed me down on NICS checks but i came close to having a restraining order put on me by my crazy uncle who died the night before court in jail and the whole thing was dropped, do you have to list that too??

close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. close doesn't count to criminal charges or offenses.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called OSBI when I was filling out mine and asked about traffic tickets; they don't care. However, if you've ever been handcuffed (by an LEO....pervs) and/or heard your Miranda rights, they will find out, so ya better list it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called OSBI when I was filling out mine and asked about traffic tickets; they don't care. However, if you've ever been handcuffed (by an LEO....pervs) and/or heard your Miranda rights, they will find out, so ya better list it.

very well described. can't hardly argue with that.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you should only list it if you got arrested for it...

I've been ticketed more than I care to remember and I didn't list any of that. Mine went through. As always, YMMV.

I seriously doubt most people put minor traffic violations on their application.

Same with me. I didn't list any tickets and got mine no problems. And I have had way too many to mention.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that is what he said. If you been cuffed and mirandized, it should be down on the form. And that is what the form askes for also. It really is not that hard of a document to fill out. There are even instructions. And when in doubt the osbi has an email addres. It is something like [email protected] or something similar on their website. Best source for Real answers from The source. lol

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that also have this on their website....
A good rule of thumb would be if you were arrested and fingerprinted, you should include that information on your application.

Latest posts

Top Bottom