CCL Application asks for ALL prior convictions even as a minor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been putting off getting my CCL because of 2 problems I had while still a minor :censored: both where expunged from my record to allow me to join the USN .. but when I called the OSBI they give me no help with my matter. I called the county where it happened and the court clerk said my files are locked and she can't get in them.:blush:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have your expungement ppwk, what i would suggest is writing the items on the form anyway and include your expungement ppwk, also write on the app that they were expunged. Expunged means they cannot use it against you, it is as it didn't happen, but by putting them down you are disclosing it. I had the same thing (mine disqualified me from the ccl) so I got them expunged, filled out the app with that info and included my expungement orders and waaala got the ccl.
far as what the clerk told you, she really probably cannot get in the files. My atty told me to keep the orders in a safe place as it was the only proof there was it happened. Once they close them they are closed for good, apparently the orders doing it also.

freeman1126

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have a question. I filed for the righ to carry back in January 2009. I talked to the supervisor several months ago on the status of my application. She told me they were waiting on results of charges against me in 1981 in Woodward OK to be faxed to them. That was back In September 2009. I just got my notification saying I was denied due to false or misleading information on my application. which they said i did not list the possession charge in Woodward OK in 1981. My question is how dd i give false or misleading information if I didnt list it. Second If I didnt list it it wasn't on purpose as trying to hide anything due I listed all charges I knew of and looked on several different public websites to make sure. The denial said the disposition of the charge was unknown. The charge was actually dismissed and thrown out of court. So as I said I had nothing to hide. I am going to appeal the denial but is there anything that I need to add to the appeal besides I thought i did list it had no reason not to due to it being dismissed and thrown out of court? I am also going to see if I can get a copy of the disposition of the charge to show it was thrown out and dismissed. or do I forget it since the application says everything must be listed or I would be denied? Thanks for your time I appreciate your help.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can appeal it if you want, but above that question it says something to the effect that it is an" automatic denial". About the only thing you can do now is to re-apply. List everything, get any info on that incident and send it to them. By not putting it on there is considered a "false or misleading statement".:musketeers:

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freeman, you have me somewhat concerned now. In 91 or 92 I was picked up for DWI in Bryan county. I was transporting a loaded firearm at the time. All this was thrown out of court two days after the arrest. The only thing I plead to was the DWI so that is all I listed. I received a dozen tickets that night, but the only charge that I remember entering a plea for was the DWI. I should have listed it all, but thought surly it would not be thought I was trying to hide something since I listed the arrest. Sounds as if I screwed up.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
your possession charge is an automatic dismissal if it was drug related. I know it was dismissed, but many times that info doesn't ever get to the right person who puts that note on your criminal history, so it looks as if you were arrested and then there is no further info, so they assume you got convicted. Get a copy of the court record showing it was dismissed and then reapply or petition and fight it, up to you, your file, your record, your responisbility if you want it to be accurate. Happened to me too. I know not your job, but it boils down to us taking care of our stuff. I had this happen to a felony arrest x 6 charges that was dismissed in 1994 but was not dispositioned on my record. I found out on a job osbi check..you should have seen their head spin when they saw the felony..lol. It took me contacting tulsa county and have them look it up and finally disposition the official record and get a notarized or at least official copy.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the "good news" is youll probable be getting a registered letter that has a list of all those offences that you didnt list,its kinda like a $135 backgrouund check. :oops3:
That wont stop you from being able to re-apply, just list it all or send a copy of the list back to them with anything else you can think of.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the "good news" is youll probable be getting a registered letter that has a list of all those offences that you didnt list,its kinda like a $135 backgrouund check. :oops3:
That wont stop you from being able to re-apply, just list it all or send a copy of the list back to them with anything else you can think of.

is there a waiting period for re-applying?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. I just waited for the paperwork to come back then I called the Attorney on the Letter. Sunny Day I believe( no kidding). She explained it and I re-applied, I chose not to appeal , thats another month wait .

Latest posts

Top Bottom