CCL Sign Language?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlcharm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I walk into a place and somebody is holding others at gun point I sure as **** would feel like I am in danger or threatened to the point of necessity. I don't know many people who wouldn't feel that way.

1) bad guy is holding up store with firearm
2) I walk into store and see said gun in possession of BG
3) I am now in potential danger
4) I escape situation and report to authorities if possible
5) if not I protect myself from potential danger however necessary

I could be wrong in my thought process - but that is my thoughts on it.

How due you know the person with the gun in the bad guy?????

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How due you know the person with the gun in the bad guy?????

if it is something like the aforementioned walking in a store - if a person obviously works in the store and has a gun pointed at them I would suspect the person w/ the gun as the BG

if it is in middle of the street I'm more apt to be able to avoid the situation and call it in.

If I am anywhere and have a gun pointed at me or my general direction in my mind they have become the BG

but the whole point in mine was #4 escape/avoid situation and report to authorities - if the individual with a gun is not the bad guy I should never feel endangered.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense,but,I dont want anyone knowing I'm carrying when I'm carrying. Its not a worldwide good ol boys club. Unless we're all in a social setting in a like minded discussion with other CCW holders or OSA members,etcetc.

And If I walk into or upon a situation where someone is threatening others with a firearm,I am retreating ASAP and reaching for my cellphone first-until bullets come flying in my direction. I'm not a cop,its not my responsibility to put my life in danger to help other people outside my family members and close friends. Call it what you want.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense,but,I dont want anyone knowing I'm carrying when I'm carrying. Its not a worldwide good ol boys club. Unless we're all in a social setting in a like minded discussion with other CCW holders or OSA members,etcetc.

And If I walk into or upon a situation where someone is threatening others with a firearm,I am retreating ASAP and reaching for my cellphone first-until bullets come flying in my direction. I'm not a cop,its not my responsibility to put my life in danger to help other people outside my family members and close friends. Call it what you want.

I call it being a smart responsible citizen

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone has accurately discussed the original thread. Let's re-start. When a person is seen with an NRA hat like I saw the other day, I gave the guy a thumbs up and said nice hat. I'm always curious of who is carrying and love to meet new people that carry. It's totally voluntary, so stop freaking out, no one HAS to know you're carrying. A CC hand sign would just be a way to give a thumbs up or a high 5 for 2nd Amendment Rights.
And oh by the way, it could serve as a means of information/communication if you were in a large place (restaraunt or shopping center) and there was a sutation.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree that this statute more applies to a situation where one is in their home, car, camper, outbuilding or elsewhere and an intruder interjects themselves into said "stucture". Encountering a bad guy robbing a store would not seem to qualify.

Sorry I failed to make that point. Good catch.

The law also says that as a citizen you have a right to make a legal arrest. When you pull your ccw you are in effect attempting to defend yourself or others and or make a citizens arrest and the law says that you can use the amount of force nesessary to effect that arrest up to and including leathal force. And you can defend yourself anywhere you are you don't have a duty to back down you could be walking down the street or in church, in the store, eating dinner at a restaurant it makes not difference in Oklahoma the law does not just apply to your home.

As for sign language I don't think so...if you don't know who the good and bad guys are in a gun fight you have no business jumping in the fight.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law also says that as a citizen you have a right to make a legal arrest. When you pull your ccw you are in effect attempting to defend yourself or others and or make a citizens arrest and the law says that you can use the amount of force nesessary to effect that arrest up to and including leathal force. And you can defend yourself anywhere you are you don't have a duty to back down you could be walking down the street or in church, in the store, eating dinner at a restaurant it makes not difference in Oklahoma the law does not just apply to your home.

As for sign language I don't think so...if you don't know who the good and bad guys are in a gun fight you have no business jumping in the fight.

The context of the sign language question was not necessarily in the middle of a gun fight, but in passing by a person with a GLOCK hate. Instead of a thumbs up, you give do a thumb & finger "gun" that would by like a "2nd Amendment High Five" It may even strike up a conversation and you could meet the love of your life..ha

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The context of the sign language question was not necessarily in the middle of a gun fight, but in passing by a person with a GLOCK hate. Instead of a thumbs up, you give do a thumb & finger "gun" that would by like a "2nd Amendment High Five" It may even strike up a conversation and you could meet the love of your life..ha

the only problem I would have with making a gun out of your finger is I would not want someone to think you are threatening them...and then they pull their gun on you....don't laugh I worked a case where this actually happened.

I would recommend a t-shirt that says it all

arlv.zcache.com_the_second_amendment_tshirt_p235475217266853786qiuw_400.gif

awww.2rco.com_sitebuilder_images_2ATSHIRTFront2_323x436.jpg

aimages.cafepress.com_image_17044523_400x400.jpg

awww.conservativecotton.com_images_t_shirts_dont_like_guns_dont_buy_one_design.gif

awww.toxel.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_tshirts11.jpg

awww.wearagun.com_GW500.jpg

awww.wearagun.com_James_Madison500.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom