CCW Dilemma for Wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal7

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has taken an interest in joining all the sane people and getting her CCW. I am really torn on what weapon to start her out on. In typical female fashion she is more worried about aesthetics at this point, so has categorically refused to carry a revolver. Right now I am thinking either a .380 or a .22, but am not sure. The .380 ammo is higher (and not part of my personal ammo stores) so I'd have to buy some. The .22 has cheaper ammo, but I'm worried about the finicky nature of .22 semi-autos.

My current ideas: Ruger LCP .380, or the Taurus PT-22 (pink).

Any thoughts?

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LCP can be picky with ammo also, mine was and I sold it. I would stay away from any .22 as a CCW, just not reliable enough. Check out the Sig Sauer line of .380, or look into a 9mm. My wife carries a glock 26, and check out the M&P shield if you can find one.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry about what you think she should carry/shoot. Worry about what she wants. Have her shoot several different sizes and calibers. Let her pick. If you pick out a gun for her and she doesn't really like it she will end up not carrying it. Self defense ammo is cheap compared to not having any when you need it.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has a Sig P238. It's very close to the Colt Mustang. It's ally an awesome little gun.

+1. I had a problem with the recoil spring, a quick call to Sig and they sent me a new one free of charge, and it fixed the problem, no issues since then.

Hannibal7

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have to rethink the way I'm approaching this, because it does matter what she likes, else she won't carry it. A gun left at home never fires right.

Thanks again!

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You should also look into the flash bang holsters. They hang right under the bra and work great. My wife loves hers. You can also get them at H&H in OKC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom