CCW Dilemma for Wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know ... I've only met one ... She was really ... ahem ... how shall I say this delicately ... ahhhhhh ... mmmmmm ... a bit "manly" ...

She was helping teach a class I attended and decided to make an example outta me, I guess. Not really sure exactly what her problem was as she didn't grab on the guys like she did me. Anyway, it didn't go quite like she planned. I don't take kindly to being shoved around. And I really don't take kindly to folks, male or female, grabbing my weak hand when I'm on a hot firing line. Didn't take any more classes from that instructor either ... :grumble: If I'd been less mannerly, I'd have dropped my magazine, racked out that live round and pistol whipped her right there! Good Lord she made me mad! It's funny now (especially since I don't think she's "assisting" any longer) but at the time I was furious!!

Was her name Rupaul?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should also look into the flash bang holsters. They hang right under the bra and work great. My wife loves hers. You can also get them at H&H in OKC.
You can also pick one up at Looper Leather on the I-35 service road--after all, Lisa Looper invented it and they make 'em.

Ijphater

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry one of these as a BUG. I've put hundreds of flawless rounds through it. My wife liked it so much, that I ended up buying her one as well.

+1 I also carry a Sig p238 in my pocket as my BUG. My wife has extremely small hands and has always loved her colt mustang pocketlite. The p238 fits her almost identically and is a fine weapon. I'm either going to be losing my BUG or buying her one.

She has shot my G34, G36, and full size 1911. The grip size and distance to the trigger is always her problem. On a standard Glock she cant reach the trigger without sliding her main hand half way off the grips, it isn't safe at all! She would be able to handle the .45 no problem if it was in a small enough frame for her hands. ( She is 4' 9 and has had 5 and 6 year olds come up to her with bigger hands)

Not to high-jack though, I agree completely. You have to let her pick the gun she likes and can shoot comfortably. She had never touched a gun in her life till we got married and she is a pretty darn good shot now!

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was so pleased that my wife really wanted to learn to shoot. We took our CCW class together and often go the range together. When she started out, she said she wanted a small semi-auto, so we got her a S&W Bodyguard 380. The Bodyguard had a hard trigger pull and it was very difficult for her to rack the slide. Then she shot my old Charter Arms Bulldog firing 38 Spec. She said she wanted more "bang", so the Bodyguard found another home and now she is using the Ruger LCR 38 Sp +P with Crimson Trace laser grip. The last time at the range, she fired my .45ACP, and though the thing weighs over 2 pounds, she really liked the way it fired... She is taking the "Girls Day Out" training this weekend, so we'll see what she wants to do after that day long class. We will keep looking until we find the handgun that feels "just right"... I don't mind shopping... at the LGS!

LL

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom