Change in Date for ENS @ Gerhard1's Place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whos idea was it to schedule an eat n shoot in February?
Why not later in the spring? April or May?
I'm around nearly every weekend if another eat n shoot date is established.

Not that complaining, I like shooting my guns in the winter time too, it does better to keep the barrel cooler. But one surely can't plan ahead more than a couple days this time of year.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whos idea was it to schedule an eat n shoot in February?
Why not later in the spring? April or May?
I'm around nearly every weekend if another eat n shoot date is established.

Not that complaining, I like shooting my guns in the winter time too, it does better to keep the barrel cooler. But one surely can't plan ahead more than a couple days this time of year.

Well, I think this all started with trying to schedule one for last November. That didn't work out, so Gary graciously offered to host another one at his place. Trying to figure out dates, two arose ... January 26th and February 23rd as a back-up. 1/26 got cancelled due to wet conditions at Gary's range, so ... here we are.

BTW - for everybody's info ... the INDOOR range is now open at Red Rock Firearms just northeast of Enid! We'll have to plan one for there ... in the Spring or Summer!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I think this all started with trying to schedule one for last November. That didn't work out, so Gary graciously offered to host another one at his place. Trying to figure out dates, two arose ... January 26th and February 23rd as a back-up. 1/26 got cancelled due to wet conditions at Gary's range, so ... here we are.

BTW - for everybody's info ... the INDOOR range is now open at Red Rock Firearms just northeast of Enid! We'll have to plan one for there ... in the Spring or Summer!
So Don, the indoor range is open? Awesome! I say we start planning an ENS soon. I think you’ve already talked to the owners and I mentioned it to them. Donuts are on me and we could convoy in to town for some lunch.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Don, the indoor range is open? Awesome! I say we start planning an ENS soon. I think you’ve already talked to the owners and I mentioned it to them. Donuts are on me and we could convoy in to town for some lunch.

Yep, apparently so. I haven't talked with them about it again, but I will soon. Things have been crazy busy around here (and, crazy AND busy). I plan to make another trip out there soon and do some shooting, try out the indoor range, and talk to them again about an ENS. You folks who are familiar with eating places in Enid might be thinking about a good place for a group lunch.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the weather does its' tricks once more, what would anyone think about just coming up for a get-together. We could meet at Smrcka's in Medford for a good meal and just gab.

Smrcka's has great food.

Thoughts?

So, what do you think, Gary? Gonna' be too wet again? I'd be glad to meet up for lunch, but I'm only 40 miles away!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, what do you think, Gary? Gonna' be too wet again? I'd be glad to meet up for lunch, but I'm only 40 miles away!
Friday and Saturday are calling for more rain. Might just have to do a meet up and shoot the **** while we stuff our faces.
Damn it all!!! I'm so sorry but I agree that it'll likely be too wet to get up the drive.

So, reluctantly, let's just make it an eating thing this time. Could I please get a head count so Smrcka's can see if the have enough food on hand?

Thanks.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably pass on this one, sorry guys.

I've been jonesin to shoot and was looking forward to this being my chance...so I'm gonna have to get my fix at USSA it appears. (I totally understand the reasoning...I had a rough go in the Magnum when it was dry...there's no way I'd chance it with saturated ground)

Latest posts

Top Bottom