• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Cheap shotgun for killing snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I heard back from the guy in the classifieds selling a stoeger coach gun. Hopefully I’ll hook up with him today and pick it up.
The guy asking $600? I hope he came down on price a bit. That seems pretty high to me for a used stoeger

I’d seek out a mav88 for snake killin/knock around duty. Hacksaw the barrel down and let ‘em have it

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've got an old Sears and roebuck 16 gage I'd sell, with ammo, cheap. Depending on how much ammo you wanted. It ain't pretty but for a shed gun, it's perfect.
It's bolt action though. Kicks like a muel.
Might be easier to buy some ferrets.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If you didnt want to go the Shotgun root. A ruger judge a good used for about $350.00 . Would be able to go with you any where outdoors on your hip. They make some nasty 410 loads.
I have a Judge. Stainless with the 3" chambers. Big pattern not far out. Perfect for snakes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That would be my choice as well, in a heartbeat
Small shot as the pattern gets huge quickly with that 1" of rifling in the barrel.
I did take it rabbit hunting behind dogs a couple of times. Took a couple rabbits at close range with #6 shot, but just a few pellets in the rabbit which was great. Cleaning one with a zillion pellets in them is a chore. We always used .22 pistols after cleaning a few with shotgun.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Small shot as the pattern gets huge quickly with that 1" of rifling in the barrel.
I did take it rabbit hunting behind dogs a couple of times. Took a couple rabbits at close range with #6 shot, but just a few pellets in the rabbit which was great. Cleaning one with a zillion pellets in them is a chore. We always used .22 pistols after cleaning a few with shotgun.
Yeah I only ever rabbit hunted with a .22.
Squirrel as well. 1 to the head.
Love me some young plump female Squirrel, fried like chicken or with dumplings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom