• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Cheap shotgun for killing snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The guy asking $600? I hope he came down on price a bit. That seems pretty high to me for a used stoeger

I’d seek out a mav88 for snake killin/knock around duty. Hacksaw the barrel down and let ‘em have it
I offered $400. He said sure, then when I saw it, it had rust pits all over the barrel. I offered him less, but he said no. I’ll try a couple pawn shops tomorrow. My kid found another copperhead by the coop.

They are everywhere on our property. The last 2 years, we haven’t seen a single snake. I shouldn’t have sold my old shotgun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've seen little old ladies working in the garden wear a snake out with one of those.
My wife uses a square point shovel. I hate killing non-venomous snakes. I had to pay over a thousand dollars early this year to get the damage caused by mice that ate the wiring on my F-250 repaired.
Yet, she continues to kill every good snake she sees. :angry3:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
I offered $400. He said sure, then when I saw it, it had rust pits all over the barrel. I offered him less, but he said no. I’ll try a couple pawn shops tomorrow. My kid found another copperhead by the coop.

They are everywhere on our property. The last 2 years, we haven’t seen a single snake. I shouldn’t have sold my old shotgun.

Pawn shop in Bristow.

https://quikguns.com/used-long-guns

1000008265.jpg

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've seen little old ladies working in the garden wear a snake out with one of those.
LOL - there was a retired lady I used to work with decades ago - her and her husband worked for the Corps when they retired. Took your money at the gate at Keystone, had their RV there. I was leaving one evening and she came walking across the road about 50 yards in front of me. Paper plate full of food in one hand, hoe in the other. Killed a copperhead, walked back to the grill. Never missed a beat or dropped any food.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tools I use for unwanted snakes. first is a Ruger Single Six revolver loaded with 22 bird shot. the other is a floor scraper. The scraper is better than a hoe as it's easier to place the blade where you want it. Both tools you need to be pretty close to the snake but that is not really a problem.

1718802105291.png

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I carry a S&W governor. Yes I know it only holds 2 1/2 in shells compared to 3” in a Judge. Either one will get the job done, but it is on my hip constantly and I don’t have to go look for a shotgun when a venomous snake suddenly appears out of nowhere.
They are more expensive than a inexpensive shotgun but you can’t put a price on your kids safety when the shotgun is setting X number of yards away
IMG_7035.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom