Checking in from Hades, day 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theman4bran

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there bro! :comfort:

Yeah, whenever I feel the crud coming on, I batten down the hatches and try to get ahead of it. Alka-Seltzer Plus is my weapon of choice against it. It usually works pretty well. If it fails, good ol' Nyquil saves the day. It just tastes like cheap, rotgut whiskey. :puke:
I did exact same meds ( and slept) Hit me Dec 10. Took a full 2 weeks to feel normal again.

theman4bran

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I almost never get sick but this last strain is rough. Mrs dlbleak is on about day 9 or 10 but at least able to get around without breaking into a coughing fit.
My eyes are bulging from clogged sinuses making my vision blurry. My ribs hurt from coughing and hacking. My nose is sore from making trumpet noises
The wife took a Covid test even though I told her not to waste the money. It’s was negative so we ruled that out, I guess.
If you start
I almost never get sick but this last strain is rough. Mrs dlbleak is on about day 9 or 10 but at least able to get around without breaking into a coughing fit.
My eyes are bulging from clogged sinuses making my vision blurry. My ribs hurt from coughing and hacking. My nose is sore from making trumpet noises
The wife took a Covid test even though I told her not to waste the money. It’s was negative so we ruled that out, I guess.
If you start feeling a little funky, get some tamiflu or something g and load up on fluids.
Take care out there!
View attachment 440938
hope you and your wife recover quickly

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Also remember the2 most effective otc cough suppressants on the the market are honey and whiskey. Jager is good too

I beleive Jim Beam prevented me from taking the full brunt of whatever this was. That man is a national hero
Ha, probably. Not much of a desire to drink any whiskey though. At this rate, a bottle would last months!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It hit me 2 weeks ago, today. Breathing got so bad, I ended up going on the O2 bottle full time.

Trip to Dr and tested neg for Covid, RSV, pneumonia, COPD and std. Told it was "most likely" long term covid reaction to cedar outbreak, triggered by wet, cold front. ????? Fluid on lungs, severe cough, vomiting, nasal congestion. Typical bad cold / flu type stuff.

I have slept in recliner for past 2 weeks.
Alka-Seltzer, Nyquil, O2, steroids, Z-pack, mega C doses. Helped, barely.

Canceled Christmas. D-i-L had brochitus, grandson had strep and GREAT-granddaughter had pneumonia.

Hit Wif day after Christmas, but only lasted 3 days. I'm guessing, since she has been on steroids for 3 months, it had trouble getting a firm hold.

Hang on, you should be getting near the end. It is miserable, but survivable.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you start feeling a little funky, get some tamiflu or something g and load up on fluids.
Take care out there!
View attachment 440938
The Cedar pollen is incredibly high this year and most comes from Texas, Brazos River Country. Some years I have to get antibiotics and cortico steroids. I useally go to the Dr when blood start coming out my tear ducts in my eyes. Scares the crap out of you!

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both the wife and I got covid last week. You'll feel off and then within hours it hits like a freight train. Had the wife in ER last Wednesday evening. Prescribed some meds and we both felt better within days. But now I still feel punk, slightly congested, and loss of taste / smell.

Don't wish this on anybody. Thanks to the chinese and fauci for our troubles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom