Checking in from Hades, day 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I woke up Christmas morning with a scratchy throat but just figured it was from my sinuses being closed all night and breathing through my mouth. Went to Dallas for the day and felt fine. Got back home around 830 and still felt ok. Within an hour and a half I went from feeling fine to feeling like complete dog sh8t. Woke up Tuesday feeling even worse. So much so that when my wife suggested we go to the minor emergency I didn't even fight it and I LOATHE going to the doctor. They poked and prodded and came back and told me I had covid.

I've been fighting it ever since. Complete lack of energy, congestion (head and chest), cough and sore throat. Luckily no fever. I'm VERY slightly starting to feel better, but far from over it. Really pisses me off because I'm on vacation this week and I haven't been able to do anything but sleep. I think I've slept more this week than I have the rest of the month.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, the hits just keep on coming. I went in Wednesday with thoughts that I had URI and got a Z-pack. I had tested negative that day.

Today, the wife did a covid test and tested positive, so she insisted that I test again. Yeppers, I've got it again. We have prescriptions, but our pharmacy closes at 7:00 PM and couldn't get there in time. We'll pick those up tomorrow.

The doctor we saw this evening said that this Covid strain is not as harsh as the one before, and she also said that if we went to an ER, we might could get the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion that worked so well for us in 2021. Oh, and this is our third bout with Covid, all of those before were mild.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, the hits just keep on coming. I went in Wednesday with thoughts that I had URI and got a Z-pack. I had tested negative that day.

Today, the wife did a covid test and tested positive, so she insisted that I test again. Yeppers, I've got it again. We have prescriptions, but our pharmacy closes at 7:00 PM and couldn't get there in time. We'll pick those up tomorrow.

The doctor we saw this evening said that this Covid strain is not as harsh as the one before, and she also said that if we went to an ER, we might could get the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion that worked so well for us in 2021. Oh, and this is our third bout with Covid, all of those before were mild.
Good to know the current strain is considered mild. I hope you and the wife get through this one with just a mild case. It sounds like COVID still effects each person differently just like
it has all along.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know the current strain is considered mild. I hope you and the wife get through this one with just a mild case. It sounds like COVID still effects each person differently just like
it has all along.

I think it helps that we take a number of supplemental pills such as Vitamin C twice a day, Vitamin D3 once a day, and then some zinc in our multivitamins.

While visiting with the doctor at the urgent care, the wife mentioned Ivermectim (sp) and the doctor got "that look" on her face.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to hear you guys are getting sick. Everything I heard a few months ago was that the current COVID strain going around was not that bad. Based on reports from you guys diagnosed with COVID, it sounds like it’s not as mild as I was thinking.

it has all along.
I didn’t test but mine felt almost identical if not a little worse on day three than Covid did.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So much for that doe I was gonna get
EC4D3AAB-B3FC-4B4C-A07C-3EB5327EF470.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom