Checking in from Hades, day 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I woke up Christmas morning with a scratchy throat but just figured it was from my sinuses being closed all night and breathing through my mouth. Went to Dallas for the day and felt fine. Got back home around 830 and still felt ok. Within an hour and a half I went from feeling fine to feeling like complete dog sh8t. Woke up Tuesday feeling even worse. So much so that when my wife suggested we go to the minor emergency I didn't even fight it and I LOATHE going to the doctor. They poked and prodded and came back and told me I had covid.

I've been fighting it ever since. Complete lack of energy, congestion (head and chest), cough and sore throat. Luckily no fever. I'm VERY slightly starting to feel better, but far from over it. Really pisses me off because I'm on vacation this week and I haven't been able to do anything but sleep. I think I've slept more this week than I have the rest of the month.

That's exactly how my bout with COVID came on back in October.

Good luck to all of you battling this crud. Get well quick.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to pick up the prescriptions for the wife and I for Covid. Didn't get them because they said after insurance that her prescription was over $700 and mine was over $1000.

Guess we will tough it through.
That sucks. We American’s are being raped by the pharmaceutical industry. It’s not that way in Canada and other parts of the world. These companies exploit our antiquated patent laws by strategic patenting which prevents release of generic drugs and anti-collusion laws which prevent prescription savings if enrolled in Medicare.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly how my bout with COVID came on back in October.

Good luck to all of you battling this crud. Get well quick.
Luckily I'm happy to report that I'm starting to feel better. Still not up and moving around too much today but I feel like I'll be able to sooner rather than later. Still very p8ssed that I wasted my whole vacation with this crap. Still haven't been able to take out my new 6.5 Creedmoor and see how bad I shoot with it.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was stuck in Naples for three days with Montezuma's revenge. First day was fever and throwing up then the fireworks started. Called my boss and told him wasn't going to be able to work and said to go ahead and go back home. Sounds good, right? I said if I tried that, the work truck would be a biohazard. He said to stay at the hotel. :) Four days after it started, I'm just now able to start eating food and keeping inside me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom