Chiggers!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the bible has been misinterpreted over all these years.....Hell really is not a lake of fire, more like nothing but chigger bites for eternity. And no matter how much you scratch, they won't bleed and feel better.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i hate chiggers!
i've heard calagel works for chiggers and poison ivy, they sell it at dollar general.

we've used a mixture of equal parts oragel, benadryl cream, and neosporin for various bites on our babies, and i've used it on myself for chiggers. works pretty good.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a product called Chiggerex,,,
It works well for me.

[Broken External Image]

When my Pop and I went to the river to gather driftwood,,,
I would rub that stuff on my lower legs,,,
And around my waist.

They don't like the camphor smell,,,
I rarely got bitten at all.

Pop wouldn't use it,,,
He got eaten up every time we went.

It's found at Wal Mart and is cheap.

Aarond

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandpa got a mega case of them years ago and had to go to the doctor, he was miserable. Doc says "I got a surefire cure for it, but you'll not like it". Gramps says let me have it! Doc says "3 days of hard scratching". Man was he pissed!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Many people try nail polish or bleach because they believe the chiggers burrow and feed off the host. That is not true at all. What they do is they migrate to where the clothes are tight or skin folds and spit on the skin which breaks it down to an oatmeal and they snack away then leave the host. By the time you feel the itch or see a dot they are long gone. I ran into some about a year ago and was so miserable that I did a ton a research, I could still probably write a dissertation over them.

I would recommenced that anyone gets attacked to go to CVS back at the pharmacy and ask for Chiggerid. It is thick anti-itch medicine. It goes on like nail polish, not for the misconception reason. It goes on thick so that it does not get rubbed off by clothes or things in the environment.- Your life will still suck with this, but not as bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom