Choosing a knife for a B.O.B or survival type situation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were choosing a knife would you choose a partially serrated knife, or a full tear drop style? Post up if you have any other types you would consider.

I'm not trying to start which knife maker is better or which knife maker is better thread, but rather which type would you choose.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bear-Grylls-Survival-Series-Ultimate-Fine-Edge-Knife_ful.jpgBear-Grylls-Survival-Series-Ultimate-Fixed-Blade-Knife_ful.jpg

Two of the many types/ones I am looking at.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_31oZq3hCtyL._SS500_.jpg

or

www.knifeworks.com_images_products_detail_95BBUSS.jpg

Both allow you to put them on a stick to use as a spear. Both are $20 to $30. Both are made by Cold Steel. I have the one on top. GREAT knife! I have had it for ten years, probably more. My buddy Larry gave it to me.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 3 to 4 inch fixed blade is going to be optimal. It is small enough to do tasks that require a little dextarity but quie big enough to use for skinning and for protection. I prefer a non serated edges because they are much more easily sharpened. Especially if you have to improvise. it will need to be some sort of stainless alloy. Whatever Brand you choose. Make sure that it uses a steel with good properties

Latest posts

Top Bottom