Chuck House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sous vide....nice kitchen toy. Wish I could afford one...I bet the CFS was quite good using that method.

Yes it was indeed, thank you. I actually won the Sous Vide on facebook a couple years ago. It has been a valuable addition to my cooking arsenal. There are of course ways to make the appliance with a few household items, but they certainly don't look as nice as the real ones. Here is one that can do some sous vide cooking: http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/04/...er-cooler-the-worlds-best-sous-vide-hack.html

@Old Phart

Its basically a water bath. Fill the appliance with water. Add food(meats, vegetables, combinations of both, etc.) to a Ziplog bag or Vaccuum sealed bag with some seasonings. Set the temperature and walk away. You can cook a steak med-rare @130 for 3-24 hours and it comes out the same way every time. When ready, you simply remove it from the bag, pat it down with paper towels and then sear the outside on a hot iron skillet or grill(even a torch works well). It can be a little more time consuming(steaks take hours not minutes), but the end product is worth it and you can start dinner before you go to work and its ready when you get home(short of any additional sides you may want).

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CFS S.jpg
Ok. HMFIC, here you go. It was damn tasty!

Or if you perfer, my buddy had a dinner
CFS D.jpg

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OH MAN! Now that is what I'm talkin' bout.

Thanks very much, I could literally taste it when I saw the pic.

Next time I'm in the city, we'll have to go over together and make a big OSA lunch out of it!

Now your talkin! I think I owe you lunch anyway for helping out with the Newcastle Friends of the NRA donation. Drop me a PM when you are headed this way next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom