City Coons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest thing to fear with coons or skunks is rabies. If I see a skunk or coon while hunting I leave them alone but if they get near the house they are toast.

I had 3 coons invade my detached garage, broke windows, tore screens, crapped purple poop all over the place after eating poke berries....they were after dogs food.

Try .22 CBs, quiet, low power round, almost round slug, smaller that .22 short, won't cycle in a semi auto, just rack the slide manually, they won't shoot thru, (always watch your background), slug stays in body, put one or two in the lungs, critter runs off and dies in a hole somewhere.
They are so quiet that sometimes a skunk won't be alarmed and will not spray when shot.

works well on stray/feral cats too....so I have been told....:mean:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try a 22 short with an old style baby bottle nipple wire tied over the end of barrel

Does that work? I can see where it might. Shorts are fairly quiet anyway, but that might work. I need to get a box and try. They are one of the few rounds at wally world that are not in short supply.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I put it out I wound up with a damn skunk in it. Thats was a whole bunch of fun. I managed to drive it out to the country and release it without getting sprayed though.

I was like :yikes2::

An old mad had some live traps out around his house last year with old carpet duct taped around the sides and the ends open. I asked why he did it like that. he said if you get a skunk in the trap you can walk up to the side of it and carry it to the pond and throw it in without getting sprayed. The pond was about 100yds away and across a fence, so he was carrying a good ways. Never would have thought of it on my own, but he swears by it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use candy corn to bait the trap with, Coons love them skunks and cats don't so you don't have to worry about "collateral" trapping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom