City Of Tulsa Is Having An Auction.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The site will open viewing at 7:30 Saturday morning. The auction gets underway at 9:00 a.m. at the city's surplus lot at 108 North Trenton Avenue.

Just thought I'd let you know.:gun2:

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did hear some good news from a friend of mine who is working this auction. It appears that the powers that be realize the money being lost on not selling confiscated guns. The facility will soon be reconstructed and they are planning on security measures to protect firearms. When this happens they will reintroduce firearms for auction. There is still some decisions to be made on how and to who they will sell, but, they are planning on selling guns in the near future. About time.

I have a feeling that I need to get my FFL. This will probably be a criteria.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on how this went. Just to clarify, the economy isn't doing great right?

I went to look at maybe getting a bike. I got out around the bikes when they were auctioning, and heard bids around $75-85. Bikes that had sat outside in the surplus lot and probably needed work, upkeep, etc. I thought, well, I guess I won't get a bike.

Then I went inside, curious about what the coins and electronics would sell for, mainly interested in a few pair of Bushnell binoculars they had.

Keep in mind, the electronics are primarily evidence. No chargers, no batteries, no idea if they work or not, and some bright person had decided to write the auction item number of a Canon Rebel digital SLR on the lens face itself. Apparently there wasn't enough room on the bag it came with. . .

Coins. . .Average price for 3 silver dollars and an Eisenhower dollar(clad) was $110. Not low mintage years, high volume mintage coins. 100 penny collection from 1959-2003 went for $24. A bag of 10-12 foreign coins went for $18( wish I had the 40-ish pounds I have in that auction).

The binoculars I was looking at went for enough to buy them new.

Evidence marked XBOX 360's were going for $200+.

I finally gave up and left. Stuff was just going for :screwy: prices. I wonder what the BB guns brought. . .

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow, can anyone put items in this auction?

sounds like they are missing out on additional revenue stream by opening up consignments to the public lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom