Cleaning rod.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opinion on one piece fiberglass cleaning rod. Good or no? Have always used aluminum sectioned rod and can tell no I’ll effects. Try brass once and broke threaded end off one first time used. Bought this one for .22. Just wondered anyone’s thought.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Opinion on one piece fiberglass cleaning rod. Good or no? Have always used aluminum sectioned rod and can tell no I’ll effects. Try brass once and broke threaded end off one first time used. Bought this one for .22. Just wondered anyone’s thought.
Since we have no idea what "this one" is and you don't even give a manufacturer, I will just say that i doubt if any rod that you paid 22 cents for is worth much and predict it won't last long.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not quite the same but similar. I used to use a fiberglass ramming rod for my .54 cal Black Powder Hawken rifle for awhile and noticed that over time it was scratching the muzzle crown which will eventually affect accuracy if it gets bad enough. I had others tell me the same thing which was enough to make me switch to using an all brass rod.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

Since we have no idea what "this one" is and you don't even give a manufacturer, I will just say that i doubt if any rod that you paid 22 cents for is worth much and predict it won't last long.
His ask was if a one piece fiberglass cleaning rod is good or not. Not what brand.

He also said he bought it for a .22, not for $.22 or 22 cents.

As usual, you're just an ass and your opinion is for sh*t plus your reading comprehension is the worst. I bet you don't even know how to use a cleaning rod properly with your G19 and your pump shotgun. You probably use it to play whack-f*ck with your fud buddies.
idiot troll.jpg

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2 cents. Aluminum and brass are soft. Be clumsy and drop on conrete floor and step on it. You embed nasties into metal. Plastic coated about the same. Fiberglass naturally abrasive.
Tough to beat a good steel or stainless steel rod with a good bore guide.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Tough to beat a good steel or stainless steel rod with a good bore guide.
I would add to that to make sure it's a coated rod like a Dewey's with a brass tip for attachments. They flex and move around but hardly ever bend unless your swinging it at something.
No exposed steel in the bore including steel wire core bronze brushes. Use only brass wire bronze brushes.

steelcorebrushno.jpg
brasscorebrushyes.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom