Cleaning rod.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would add to that to make sure it's a coated rod like a Dewey's with a brass tip for attachments. They flex and move around but hardly ever bend unless your swinging it at something.
No exposed steel in the bore including steel wire core bronze brushes. Use only brass wire bronze brushes.

View attachment 384166View attachment 384167
When I bought my AR I was told to never use anything metal inside the bore. It had some kind of coating that would be destroyed by a metal brush or rod. He said to use nylon brushes only.

For the life of me I friggin forgot what coating he called it. Might you know?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought my AR I was told to never use anything metal inside the bore. It had some kind of coating that would be destroyed by a metal brush or rod. He said to use nylon brushes only.

No idea. Anderson does some weird coating on their parts.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If the coating is that lame, the first bullet down the bore would take care of it . Afterall bullets are metal unless you're shooting airsoft.

Papa Mike

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I do prefer graphite one piece . They will not scratch like metallic or coated can ,
They cannot bend out of shape ,
You should research what the top competition shooter use , most will recommend graphite

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Bore-Tech one-piece rod on my rifles. They're not cheap but are what is recommended by Vudoo (manufacturer of my rifles). Also use their bore guide.

For my pistols it's a bore snake all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom