clipdraw thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carried S&W 36 and 60 many times (and still do) when the weather is hot, using a barami hip grip.
So may try the clip draw with my G33/G43 instead.

I'm cool with the Baramis on a revolver, but there's a whole wide world of difference in a long, 12 lb trigger and a short 5.5lb one.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a clip draw on my 45 Shield and a corresponding strap on the back of my night stand. Out in the open or in a drawer became too unsafe with grand babies running around. I will also use it as a quick run to the store/ lumber yard carry on the weekends when working around the house. Hooks on the pocket or waist band easily. My shield has a long heavy trigger so I do not worry too much about ND's, I keep alert when I carry this way. Safety always.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dumb idea the clip draw is.

If you think it's a dumb idea then you're definitely one of those folks that shouldn't use one. Just like me. I think the 1911 is a dangerous firearm to carry. I know of two people that had accidental discharges with them. One in the butt and one in the gut. I'm sure there have been others. I absolutely would not carry one.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just another option on the table.

Definitely not for me, I'll stick to holsters but it's nice to see more options.

Good point. The clip draw may be a Darwinian idea; those who choose to use one, and who are to stoopid to use one right, will eventually be thinned out.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
48enp5.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom