Close up and personal...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the challenge of "macro" photography. Here's a close up of some .40 ammo taken at f/40, 5 second exposure, ISO 100. More close up pics of gear/weapons as I take them :)

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_DSC_4933editweb.jpg

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's 10 years of use and abuse on an EDC knife. Notice how the black is "grainy" as I wanted a shorter exposure but had to keep the F-stop at f/40 to keep a decent depth of focus. 1/2 s exposure.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_DSC_4938editweb.jpg

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool, I've always wanted to mess around with Macro. What lens? Also, what did you crank your ISO to on that second shot and why did you want a shorter exposure?

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool, I've always wanted to mess around with Macro. What lens? Also, what did you crank your ISO to on that second shot and why did you want a shorter exposure?

105mm fixed Nikon lens.

ISO-640 on the second shot. I wasn't using a tripod, just using my range bag as a rest and a 2 second delay on the shutter so I wasn't touching the camera by the time the shutter opened. Its easier to keep stuff still for a half second versus 5 full seconds. When you are this close to your subject even the slightest movement will blur the shot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does appear to look like a crack, but I think it's a scratch. It doesn't extend up to the mouth and looks to end at the crimp. Hard to tell with the lack of light on that area.

It's pretty amazing the things you see in closeup macro. My camera has macro and a "supermacro" mode and it's mind boggling sometimes. You just don't notice stuff with the naked eye that jumps out at you in an image.

Latest posts

Top Bottom