Cold and wet forecast - are your plans changed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been out in it all day, 2 different farms that both have a good number of deer. I haven't seen a single deer today, it's like they vanished. I know they are here somewhere, I guess I should have gotten back into the timber. Long, cold, day...I'll be back out in the morning. I'm still hoping that big one steps out this evening.

Good luck

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy went out this morning and didn't see anything. He's going back out again this afternoon. He's about 1.5 miles east of Chilocco. Chilocco creek runs right thru his property. I will be up there tomorrow and hope we see some.

That's a great area. I have a friend that owns some land a couple of miles east of there. Good luck!

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been dealing with 2 out of state hunters who felt it was ok track a wounded deer a half mile into property they don't have permission to be on...........saw 5 Blackhawks flying low headed south, other than that it's been quiet the last couple hours.

Hunting around the Norman area?

We had 5 fly by just west of my house around the same time that were headed south. I asked my wife what the hell was going on, then walked outside and yelled for her to come check it out. They were about a block away, and flying pretty low. I'm in NE Norman.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Black ops checking out all of the gun owners..........Noting locations..........enforcement teams on the road......be afraid.......

LOL, actually, Ponca City airport is a refueling destination for a lot of the National Guard, and reserve units that run the helo's. They take different destinations getting from their home units, fuel, (eating at enriques at the airport), and then go home by different routes.

Pretty routine to see them SE of Ponca at our house.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hunting around the Norman area?

We had 5 fly by just west of my house around the same time that were headed south. I asked my wife what the hell was going on, then walked outside and yelled for her to come check it out. They were about a block away, and flying pretty low. I'm in NE Norman.

No, fairly close to the KS line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom