Collecting donations for Caribbean volcano relief.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I am super thankful. You guys are great. My wife talked to our accountant yesterday and I am gonna have her put up a GFM page. @17designandmfg, that's awesome, you're the man.

<edit> I gotta figure out how to palletize it, though. lol. We were planning on putting stuff in big barrels, like the plastic 55-gallon water collection ones, that's how we've shipped stuff before. Although I guess we could still do that, put it all in barrels and then have them put on pallets. It does make them easier to move with a forklift or something. This is actually what I was hoping, that we would have enough stuff to NEED to put it on pallets. But we'll see what we can do.

Thanks so much. You guys are awesome.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh... I gotta add... more bad news in Saint Vincent, sadly.

Now the seasonal heavy rains have begun, widespread flooding is occurring - this is the worst it's been in years. It's a mountainous island, so the water runs off, but she showed me some video yesterday of major flooding and a TORRENTIAL river flow right though downtown Kingstown. So not only do they have thousands who can't get to their homes and are in shelters, now they also have additional people being displaced from mudslides - a home with a family washed off the hill yesterday or the day before right next to her uncle's house. The family made it out, but their home is gone. Everything there is on the side of a hill, essentially, and the heavy rains bring dangerous mudslides. During hurricanes this is what usually kills people there, not wind or surf.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just got time to update. It's been a day... but a lot worse for some people:

In this video if you look at about 3:00, you'll see a destroyed house, and then a mudslide coming down the hill on top of that - this is the scene at my wife's uncle's house, she says 2 houses right there were destroyed.

Many of those places with all the flooding are places I know and have been many times, places we have strolled, sat and eaten and had drinks or whatever. It's truly devastating - already 13,000 people displaced by the numbers I heard, and now the whole country is also wracked by this flooding (in a country of under 150,000, I should add, so it's a significant portion of the entire population). It's just incredible.

My wife is writing the GoFundMe page right now as I speak, in the other room on her laptop. I'll post the link here when it's up.

This one has some video of stones falling in Owia, Chateaubelair and Sandy Bay, all places I've visited in my times in St. Vincent.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Man ,when it rains!! Your family and the Island are in my thoughts !! GFM used !! Thanks for setting it up. Was not sure I would be able to make it to SSP while you were there.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I got 3 trash bags of summer clothes and a tote of shoes and sandals.
@tRidiot just let me know when and where to bring them
20210430_221636.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be up at SSP today, can probably meet somewhere else in the metro if anyone has anything. I'm looking at midday-ish at SSP, going to try to be around noon or so. I'll try to check in a time or two, but can't text or Tapatalk while driving. It's two hours or so from Bartlesville, and I'll post here before I leave for a better timetable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom