Colt vs Kimber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better 1911

• Colt

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Kimber

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Other 1911

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe Kimber took a beating when they went ballistic with production, that rapid growth reportedly saw QC issues , and then their prices............... they make a fine product, just comes down to what brand you want in your driveway.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chevy, Dodge and then anything else that's not a ford, in that order. The best 1911 is the one that's there when you need it. I have shot, owned, sold and traded and would like to get a couple more of each. I voted other because my personal favorite is also the one that I built from the ground up with the parts of my choosing. It fits me and I will never part with it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had quite a few 1911's over the years. Most brands. I hear a lot of smack talk about Kimber, but really haven't had that faulty experience with them as of yet (knocking on simulated wood). I have had a few Colt 1911's with issues though and Springers as well.

I think you should keep what you like and shoot the best with.

My Kimber that I shoot in competition has zero issues. It was one before they went into mass production though.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted colt. Ive had about a dozen 1911s from taurus to a few custom caspians...and their was just something sexy about my stainless colt. and the "other" option will surely win...I wish it was just limited to Kimber vs colt. Ive had a few low end kimbers and the negatives IMO would be they are overpriced and picky about magazines.

on top of that...the nicest Kimber, no matter what, will never be able to hold a candle to this vvvvv

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went ahead and got a Sig STX. This is a beautiful gun.

Attachments

• Photo Aug 18, 6 49 54 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 18, 6 49 54 PM.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts

Top Bottom