Comet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night from my backyard. I could just barely see it naked eye, but my night vision really sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    512 KB

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried two different nights and still haven't seen the comet, let alone photograph it. Maybe my vision is worse than I thought or that maybe I was looking in the wrong part of the sky, although I was looking between (I think) Venus and a star to the right. Or, maybe I didn't let it get dark enough.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried two different nights and still haven't seen the comet, let alone photograph it. Maybe my vision is worse than I thought or that maybe I was looking in the wrong part of the sky, although I was looking between (I think) Venus and a star to the right. Or, maybe I didn't let it get dark enough.

You're not alone, Terry. The wife and I spent quite a little while last evening going back and forth looking for it and never could see it. We even got in the truck and drove away from the neighborhood and all of the lights. Still couldn't see it. I verified we were looking in the right spot. We'll try again this evening! :scratch:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Grumpy went out for a bit last night (Bethany out by Lake Overholser) but said he couldn't see anything. Didn't surprise me -- the neighbors have this area lit up like Christmas all year long. I miss a pitch black sky at night -- yes, @Okie4570 I'm crazy jealous of you!! 😭
We're not pitch black like 15y ago, before all the oil production pads with tank batteries and lights, plus the red wind turbine beacons flashing across the horizon from one side to the other.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Each night it’s going to get more dim as it gets further from the sun. Even a few nights ago I could barely see it

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're not alone, Terry. The wife and I spent quite a little while last evening going back and forth looking for it and never could see it. We even got in the truck and drove away from the neighborhood and all of the lights. Still couldn't see it. I verified we were looking in the right spot. We'll try again this evening! :scratch:
It's pretty dim, even at it's brightest about 45 minutes after sunset. I could actually see it better through the camera on my phone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom