OK is getting a new B-21 program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manufacture and distribute.
Over 4000 jobs coming to OK.
This is awesome news.
Programs in high-schools to enlist kids for a 1 day a week internship and once out of high school, they pay for college or any cert classes.
I won't mention the company name but some already know.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tinker is getting a new bomber, but I didn't realize that it would be manufactured here, just serviced. Thought land was bought in 2022, for new hangers. For some reason, I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tinker is getting a new bomber, but I didn't realize that it would be manufactured here, just serviced. Thought land was bought in 2022, for new hangers. For some reason, I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
yes, full on manufacturing at Tinker AFB

Rugerscout80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B-21 has been in the works for years. The ultimate plan is to phase out the B-1 over time. Kind of like how the KC46 is supposed to do the KC-135. Eventually in the next few years Douglas from 59th to almost I40 will all be behind fence like Air Depot is. Tinker plans to shut it off for Traffic and develop that area for growth.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B-21 has been in the works for years. The ultimate plan is to phase out the B-1 over time. Kind of like how the KC46 is supposed to do the KC-135. Eventually in the next few years Douglas from 59th to almost I40 will all be behind fence like Air Depot is. Tinker plans to shut it off for Traffic and develop that area for growth.
Yes, the B-21 has been ongoing, my post simply states that it is coming to Tinker soon.
The B-1 isnt going anywhere, as of right now there are more B-1s ready for service than any time ever. They wont retire the B-1 any time soon but will update them and continue getting them ready for a new service life based on hours flown.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't going against your post. Just adding my 2 cents. I work as a production controller in KC135 and my buddy is section chief in B1s we talk about this kind of stuff a bunch. Correct it will take 20 years or more to phase the B1 out.
You may well know more about this than I do it sounds like. I'm hearing it from the top but a lot is classified info that she cant tell me. Its no secret though that the B-21 program is moving to OKC from Edwards AFB and Northrop Grumman needs 4800 employees to operate it here. This will be great for OK and bring many high paying jobs, some or most with paid education for said positions.
Edwards will continue testing and evaluation, I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom