1,300HP Mercury Comet brake failure crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The car had a full harness belts installed, but they chose to only wear the lap belt.

Which is weird, doesn't do that on his other videos.

The gray S/C'ed LS Regal is a favorite of mine BTW. :D That and the kid that had the nascar motor in the camaro with the straight cut gears.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful and Mercury Comet don't belong in the same sentence. lol
My son showed me that a week or so ago; I've got a '65 convertible, and the though of sourcing parts for a *decent* example makes my stomach turn. That one is toast.

The 64-65 had the coolest lines of any 60s car - the '65 (to me is one of the best looking cars of the 60s.

Comet.jpg

Last edited:

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm. You’re riding the brakes because your throttle is sticking, and you’re surprised when they fail? I’m just an old suburban shadetree mechanic, but I’m pretty sure if I was having to ride the brakes, I’d be getting my butt back to the barn post haste.

Shut the ignition off the moment loss of control over the go fast pedal is realized. Fix it or get a hook. It is a shame those folks just sitting at the intersection were victimized by his stupidity.
Continuing to operate anything one doesn’t have complete control over 🤦‍♂️ Damned Darwin candidates shouldn’t be out unsupervised.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
lol i love videos where people are like
>heres me f'ing up
and then they use the rest of the video to just lecture the audience.

kinda lost any authority you had there bruh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom