Compasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a great compass, I own the 27 which is that minus the tritium. Anyone who's hasn't eaten or slept for a few days, and is being chased up mountains ranges in Maine, by bad guys, with nothing but that compass and a topographical map, will attest to having a very fond relationship with it(I don't think I violated the don't talk about it order I signed with that tidbit / at least three others on this board should have been to that school, probably more). Mine was even more enjoyable since it was freezing rain in October with no winter gear. Go for the tritium, well worth it if you ever have the misfortune to find yourself in a similar situation.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sir, You can not go wrong with the Cammenga 3H Tritium Compass. The last one I had I gave to a friend who was going back in the Army. Thanks for reminding me I need to pick one up. I know they are $90.- basically at Ranger Joes, but Ranger Joes has been around way before I have and most likely will be way after I am gone. They supply the infanty down there at Ft. Benning. I have been using various Silva Trekker (Models 420, Landmark, and type 20) when map terrain associating. CP

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Compass-Cammenga-GI-Tritium-P57.aspx

Smitcheck

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought mine in '91 at an Army surplus store. Haven't used it several years, but just pulled it out and the tritium still glows. 21 years later and the thing still works. Of course, I will probably glow too for having used it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom