Completed M16-A1 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice setup, now all we need is a video of it running. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the device that is attached to the lower part of the front rail? What is it for?

It's a Magpul Angled Fore Grip. It splits the difference between a vertical grip and a standard forend grip for a more natural support hand position.

I would've gone with a longer hand guard, but otherwise, wrap it up, I'll take it.

I prefer a longer hand guard too, but haven't decided if I want to give up the fixed FSB. When I was putting everything together, I wasn't sure if one of the Daniel Defense Lite Rails like the 9.5 FSP would give me enough clearance for the suppressor (looks like it would). Besides, I got the Omega 7.0 during the Bravo Co. USA X-Mas special for $170, which is hard to beat.

I think you have your KNS pins in backwards.
You are correct. The KNS pins are backwards.

Thanks for the heads up! It seems to run fine, but I'll get em swapped around.

How do you like the Gisselle Select Fire? I added em to mine, but haven't run it yet.

It's one of the best mods on the gun! The factory Colt trigger setup ran about 14# on this gun. It was atrocious. I mainly got the Gisselle for better accuracy, but the benefits really shine in FA. The semi position feels like a typical two stage match trigger. On FA, it feels like a crisp single stage.

Burst control is greatly improved. With the stock trigger it was difficult to get less than a 3 round burst without really slapping the trigger. With the Gisselle I can get 2 round bursts all day long without slapping at it. If I hurry the trigger a little, I can tickle off single shots in FA. It almost feels telepathic. Think two rounds and it sends two. Think three rounds and it sends three. It's the most controllable FA I've shot to date, which is saying something for an 11.5" gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom