Confession time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a full size 1911, but have to disagree from this point out. I have no problem dropping my NAA 22 mag in my front pocket and going to town, and I sure don't feel under gunned. Now if I could I would carry nothing but my 1911 or my BHP, but sometimes it can't be done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my ex uncle who was cheating on my aunt "cant really blame him" with a married chunky chic got shot in the side of the head at point blank with a 25auto by the husband .anyway he was released the next day.

Wild Bill Hickock killed a man cheating at a card game with a .22 short derringer.

People have been killed with a daisy red rider bb gun penetrating thru the area between a rib and entering the heart.

My ex-wifes uncle was shot thru the helmet by an AK round in Nam that failed to penetrate his skull, travelling around his helmet, bouncing between the helmet, and his skull.

Strange things happen with bullets.

I read a report written by an LA coroner that does several shooting a day. He said that most 1 shot kills were by a .357 or .45acp. The multi shot kills were by everything from a .22 to a 9mm.
He did autopsies on people that even a .45 acp did not kill the perp with the first shot as there are certain parts of the chest/body where getting shot with anything but a .50BMG is not a fatal shot.

Shot placement with any caliber is paramount.

Shot placement in a gunfight comes from a tremendous amount of training and some great big Kahunas.

For the rest of us its pretty much luck about where the bullet is going to land in a gun fight.

Shooting at a target at the range in a combat stance does great things for your ego, but nothing when your crapping your pants behind a dumpster and a couple of bad boys are thumping and kicking you to the point of passing out.

Get some real training.

Just my opinion...and experience.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wild Bill Hickock killed a man cheating at a card game with a .22 short derringer.

People have been killed with a daisy red rider bb gun penetrating thru the area between a rib and entering the heart.

My ex-wifes uncle was shot thru the helmet by an AK round in Nam that failed to penetrate his skull, travelling around his helmet, bouncing between the helmet, and his skull.

Strange things happen with bullets.

I read a report written by an LA coroner that does several shooting a day. He said that most 1 shot kills were by a .357 or .45acp. The multi shot kills were by everything from a .22 to a 9mm.
He did autopsies on people that even a .45 acp did not kill the perp with the first shot as there are certain parts of the chest/body where getting shot with anything but a .50BMG is not a fatal shot.

Shot placement with any caliber is paramount.

Shot placement in a gunfight comes from a tremendous amount of training and some great big Kahunas.

For the rest of us its pretty much luck about where the bullet is going to land in a gun fight.

Shooting at a target at the range in a combat stance does great things for your ego, but nothing when your crapping your pants behind a dumpster and a couple of bad boys are thumping and kicking you to the point of passing out.

Get some real training.

Sir, that was one of the best posts I have ever read on a message board.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to see pics on how your are concealing your Glock in your speedo.
Ah-HA!
I *knew* you wore a speedo.:rollingla

Get some real training.

+1

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several carry choices and they vary. Somedays it is .40 while other days it might be .32 S&W Long. I wouldn't want to get hit by any of them.

I wouldn't want to be hit with a brick or poked in the eye with a stick, but that doesn't mean I would carry either for my primary (or even backup) weapon.

A small bullet, properly placed, may be your salvation. Never count the "mouse guns" out.

Small bullet and hope I hit the sweet spot.............

or

Larger bullet with a little more oomph behind it and the sweet spot becomes a little larger target..............

Sure there are situations on paper where people have walked away from "man stoppers", and others have been dropped by a squirrel caliber. When defending your life and the lives of those you are responsible for are on the line, why not take every advantage and give yourself every edge possible?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all big caliber boys are gonna have to come over to my side:D

With the new ammo coming out, Massad Auyoob says that the mouse guns may be an "option"!:D

:scream:

Bring it on!"D

:scream:(ok, I know he gets paid for his opinion), but I thought I'd try anyway.

:teach:

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

With the new ammo coming out, Massad Auyoob says that the mouse guns may be an "option"!:D

Bring it on!"D

:scream:(ok, I know he gets paid for his opinion), but I thought I'd try anyway.

From the guy semi-famous for saying "friends don't let friends carry mouse guns.:thumb:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bring it on!"D

Ammo has certainly improved but I'm still not comfortable with a mousegun as a primary....especially when anyone can conceal a j-frame or baby Glock just fine if they put any effort into it. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom