Conflicted.... Card #11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rock feller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighways.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rock feller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighways.
I can see it... it's beautiful!!!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I prep for Natural Disasters. Tornados, Ice storms, wild fires and power outages. Ive been thru all 4. My world changed but nothing I couldnt bounce back from.

Although ive got a semi plan for a total shtf national collapse type thing.....thats world changeing. Ya load some guns and live as long as ya can and try to stay out of camps. Ive even thought about life in a camp. Itd be bad but others have done it. I wont dig my own grave and I wont endure a holocaust.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see North America eventually returning to the pristine land it once was...forest and field, shimmering blakets of wildflowers covering each open space. Hordes of wild creatures supplying nutrition to the native peoples that once again populate the wild. All the imported bloodlines of the last 500 years have withered, unable to survive like the original inhabitants once did. It'll be paradise!

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
after being on the ground after Katrina two days after the event and being there for 40+ days there after and seeing what its truly like when you take a city as big as N.O. and turning everything off for that long ( electricity, water, sewer and garbage pickup ) I can fully imagine what it would be like in a full collapse. mountains of crap and devastation. it was like looking at "Raccoon City". in the area's were the "camps" were there was total devastation to the point that everything inside of the buildings had to be removed and replaced.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Lurker, to a point, I will not go to a camp, anything the govt runs is **** so I would be better off on my own. I prep more for storms and such but if something devastating did happen like total economic collapse or cataclysmic event I'm sure the world would look like Mad Max for a while then it would evolve into something better, It always has, so barring a complete extinction level event I think that we would eventually progress back to where we are now and start all over again just like days gone by and the cycle would continue, rise-fall-rise-fall-rise.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the government goes away, and it will, there will be two things happen:
1) A lot of people will freak out and go apeshit because the government is their chosen deity of worship. They'll try to keep it going like pumping medicine into the dead but the concept is broken and can't go on mathematically.
2) Even more people will realize that they are able to find solutions to problems they used to leave to the government, and they won't turn back. When people live their lives as constant problem solvers it's like rehab for the drug of the state.

Ergo, in a few decades we will have much more active communities, real communities, that are even more decentralized and empowered thanks to the internet and global communication. Hopefully the awakening that occurs when the state is gone will prevent the reformation of one, but that's a pipe dream.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_02_e4yva9u3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom