Conflicted.... Card #17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Please... elaborate on your knowledge of the Hippocratic Oath and how it would apply in this situation.

Please.

The idea being that if I were a doctor, I would put the needs of my patients first.

But this is all very hypothetical. As reality stands, in such a situation I would prefer to avoid such a beacon if I could, it attracts too many people. I wouldn't be a very good doctor or anything else in the medical field, I don't like messing around with other people's goo.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The idea being that if I were a doctor, I would put the needs of my patients first.

But this is all very hypothetical. As reality stands, in such a situation I would prefer to avoid such a beacon if I could, it attracts too many people. I wouldn't be a very good doctor or anything else in the medical field, I don't like messing around with other people's goo.

So being a doctor means you have no right to personal safety, nor to provide for your family so long as someone is there calling for your help? That a patient's needs always come before your own or that of your wife or children?

I'm just trying to understand your rationale here... it sounds as if you are suggesting that being a doctor (which actually doesn't mean they took any silly oath, lol) means that you are swearing to place a patient's need above anyone else's, including your own or your family's. Is that what you're saying?

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being a doctor means you have no right to personal safety, nor to provide for your family so long as someone is there calling for your help? That a patient's needs always come before your own or that of your wife or children?

I'm just trying to understand your rationale here... it sounds as if you are suggesting that being a doctor (which actually doesn't mean they took any silly oath, lol) means that you are swearing to place a patient's need above anyone else's, including your own or your family's. Is that what you're saying?

? When did I say "no right"? Everything I've posted I've made clear applies only to *me* and how *I* would react given the hypothetical. If you don't like it, cool. It's neither real nor affects you. If you're just trying to waste my time because you still hold a grudge, that's fine too. It's a slow night and I have time on my hands for now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't hold any grudge....

But your implication is that doctors take some kind of oath, and that the oath supercedes the other things I mentioned.

Personally, I don't think you know **** about it, but that's just my opinion, and I'm sure you can get to Googling quickly to learn something to spew out here... which doesn't change the fact that it sounds like you know nothing about it now as it applies in the real world.

So... care to expound? You love giving somewhat vague 1-line replies (which I think is to make you seem "lofty", as if your line of thinking should be obvious, but cretins like those of us to whom it doesn't compute are obviously lacking), I'd like to see you explain it a little more.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't hold any grudge....

But your implication is that doctors take some kind of oath, and that the oath supercedes the other things I mentioned.

Personally, I don't think you know **** about it, but that's just my opinion, and I'm sure you can get to Googling quickly to learn something to spew out here... which doesn't change the fact that it sounds like you know nothing about it now as it applies in the real world.

So... care to expound? You love giving somewhat vague 1-line replies (which I think is to make you seem "lofty", as if your line of thinking should be obvious, but cretins like those of us to whom it doesn't compute are obviously lacking), I'd like to see you explain it a little more.

Are you sure you're not actually just really attracted to me and are just trying to repress those feelings? I mean, we had our little wrassel the other day and now you're going through and picking up days old posts of mine to pick at? Sure seems like you got a nice chub for me. Don't worry, it's natural. I get that a lot. It's just my irresistible roguish charm.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again with the misdirection... and you're saying I'm the one putting up straw-man arguments? lol

Like I said... you're alluding to some "oath" and your perception of what it means. When it's obvious you know very little about it, to me. But hey, I've seen your act before, it's old. And you obviously don't care to have a real discussion or be actually educated on a situation once it's become obvious to you that you don't know as much as you thought you knew about it.

Fair 'nuff.

Later.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again with the misdirection... and you're saying I'm the one putting up straw-man arguments? lol

Like I said... you're alluding to some "oath" and your perception of what it means. When it's obvious you know very little about it, to me. But hey, I've seen your act before, it's old. And you obviously don't care to have a real discussion or be actually educated on a situation once it's become obvious to you that you don't know as much as you thought you knew about it.

Fair 'nuff.

Later.

No, there's no "real" discussion to be had with someone who holds a grudge and is immediately on the attack. I'm just trying to have some fun instead. You're far too srs bsns.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fun?

Hmm... well, don't spout off BS about things you know little to nothing about, or people who do will call you on it. It's simple. Or when you do, just roll with it, don't get all butthurt when people recognize your bluster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom