Conflicted.... Card #32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you have been preparing for a complete collapse of modern civilization with 3 other families. All members have sacrificed themselves financially to ensure the survival of their loved ones. Combined, you all have about a year's worth of supplies at a secured survival retreat. You were the last one to arrive at the location, and to your surprise 2 of the families have broken protocol. They have brought extra friends and family members that will shave approximately 40% off of your supply timeline. Your retreat is somewhat new, and renewable food source won't be ready before the food runs out.
How would you handle this situation?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to rework the plan. Since 2/3rds of the original group has broken protocol, you are outnumbered. If you try to "take your share" chances are you're going to be stopped. So, lets find out what the new people can bring to the table, re-work rationing tables, find out what skills can be utilized and start to work on renewable resources faster. Many hands make for light work. Get them up to speed on security etc.

If you can't live with these new people, chances are you are going to be starting from scratch as you are now the minority.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I am a FIRM believer in the"we can work together and I'll help you all I can but at the end of the day what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" school of thought.

I would not find myself in this situation because I'm not "pooling resources" with anyone ...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I am a FIRM believer in the"we can work together and I'll help you all I can but at the end of the day what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" school of thought.

I would not find myself in this situation because I'm not "pooling resources" with anyone ...

I second this motion.
We're all one happy family til the SHTF, then it's what's best for me and mine. Don't start down that road now, and you won't end up in the predicament described.
But if you do anyway...Toehanus nailed it.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I concur 1000 percent

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:ooh2::idea:I have decided to buy the "naturalist park" halfway between OKC and Tulsa with my lottery winnings. You guys are welcome to place whatever you want on pre-marked lots, first come, first serve ... But, of course, subprep and MOM already have slots #1 and #2 reserved. :naughty:

Town Council is already in place (and NO, there will be NO ELECTIONS -- ever!! :naughty:), as is law enforcement, although we are taking applications for deputies ... All I need is the proper documentation from you guys for your mortgage (see my broker and President of the OSA Ladies' Bank, subprep :naughty: :rotflmao:) ...

Any help the ladies and I receive building the long distance gun range and seating/target area will net you all the free targets you want to hang, as well as one glass of beer per "target setting", limit of 2 glasses per day ...

And no ... "The Ladies of OSA's Best Little Bartertown" is NOT clothing optional ... :bigeye: (I've SEEN an awful lot of you guys ... :slap: and there is NO MISTAKING that I am WAY past my prime ... :nolike: :rotflmao:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom