Conflicted.... Card #32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that the folks who broke protocol and their friends need to shoulder the lion's share of the improvement efforts to enlarge the secure housing facilities and scavenge for extra food/supplies. I would make it quite clear that those who were not part of the original plan need to earn their keep - "retroactively", so to speak.

That is, if the whole setup with the extra bodies is even viable. If not, then we're going to have to sit down and rework the plan. If it comes down to it, my family and I are the most important people to me, and those who broke protocol and the agreement can become "expendable" if necessary.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Indeed. If you dont "get" tribe, your gonna get dead.

Yes, thats a small "t" in tribe, since i know someone is going to confuse it.

Yes, I understand all that. Thank God I'm old enough (and getting older enough every day) that it's really not that big an issue to me ... I don't think I've ever made any bones about my unwillingness (some would say inability) to play well in groups. Just ain't my thang. I manage to get myself screwed over every single solitary time. Now whether that is my fault because I'm not willing to lie, cheat and steal or somebody else's fault is probably up for discussion, but one thing I will not start doing now, at this stage of my life, is start putting up with people who think that they are entitled to what I've managed to acquire for me and mine just because they are "tribe" ...

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I am a FIRM believer in the"we can work together and I'll help you all I can but at the end of the day what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" school of thought.

I would not find myself in this situation because I'm not "pooling resources" with anyone ...

Well said, I agree 100% ^^^

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:ooh2::idea:i have decided to buy the "naturalist park" halfway between okc and tulsa with my lottery winnings. You guys are welcome to place whatever you want on pre-marked lots, first come, first serve ... But, of course, subprep and mom already have slots #1 and #2 reserved. :naughty:

Town council is already in place (and no, there will be no elections -- ever!! :naughty:), as is law enforcement, although we are taking applications for deputies ... All i need is the proper documentation from you guys for your mortgage (see my broker and president of the osa ladies' bank, subprep :naughty: :rotflmao:) ...

Any help the ladies and i receive building the long distance gun range and seating/target area will net you all the free targets you want to hang, as well as one glass of beer per "target setting", limit of 2 glasses per day ...

And no ... "the ladies of osa's best little bartertown" is not clothing optional ... :bigeye: (i've seen an awful lot of you guys ... :slap: And there is no mistaking that i am way past my prime ... :nolike: :rotflmao:)

lmfao! Yay!

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you have been preparing for a complete collapse of modern civilization with 3 other families. All members have sacrificed themselves financially to ensure the survival of their loved ones. Combined, you all have about a year's worth of supplies at a secured survival retreat. You were the last one to arrive at the location, and to your surprise 2 of the families have broken protocol. They have brought extra friends and family members that will shave approximately 40% off of your supply timeline. Your retreat is somewhat new, and renewable food source won't be ready before the food runs out.
How would you handle this situation?

Not sure how THEIR friends take time off of MY supply timeline.
Needs to be addressed ASAP while everything is still "plentiful"
I'm of the mindset that if they stay (and that is only if they can contribute) I don't HAVE to feed them.

That being said...there could be significant skill sets that mean keeping them would be worth feeding them.
Maybe they could be "sandwich makers" at the Best Little Barterhouse.

Dave

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I am a FIRM believer in the"we can work together and I'll help you all I can but at the end of the day what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" school of thought.

I would not find myself in this situation because I'm not "pooling resources" with anyone ...

Bingo.... You come to the retreat fully armed and the other group parts with their share of the supplies and told not to come back....

Latest posts

Top Bottom