Conflicted.... Card #5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only crimes against your own group would count as crimes. Rape, murder, theft, and treason might be needed to survive against other groups.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only crimes against your own group would count as crimes. Rape, murder, theft, and treason might be needed to survive against other groups.

Im with Okietom. Rape, murder, theft, maybe a couple of other "laws" only apply to the group. Justice would depend on what the group says but id expect extreme, harsh, deadly punishment for rape, murder or treason.

Those outside the group get no quarter unless it endangers the group.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im with Okietom. Rape, murder, theft, maybe a couple of other "laws" only apply to the group. Justice would depend on what the group says but id expect extreme, harsh, deadly punishment for rape, murder or treason.

I don't think rape is ever acceptable even against another "group." Killing in the heat of battle I would not classify as murder but killing to just kill out of meanness is. Scavenging/theft for group survival I could look past unless it caused conflict and battle between another group.
Lots of grey area in these scenarios.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How would you deal with betrayal in a world post-collapse?
There are no laws but the ones you and your group choose to observe. where do you draw the line between forgiving someone and seeking justice?
Give examples.

What is betrayal?
did someone betray my group to another for their own personal gain?
Did my "companion" sleep with someone else?
did someone turn me or one of my group into the "authorities"?

Wide spectrum here.

Anything that threatens or compromises the existence and well being of me, my family or my group can and should be expected to be dealt with severely.

As to laws...
Well I think I know right from wrong. I don't really need someone to interpret those two points. That being said, what is right one time, might be wrong another.
And while I don't think that there is alot of it to go around, I think "common sense" is the best judge.
Punishment should fit the crime.

Dave

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think they are written that way on purpose ... You know ... to get folks thinking.

I tend to be a very black and white kinda gal so I'm not good with "group dynamics" kinda stuff ... My gut reaction is "off with their heads" if they can't control their behavior enough to adhere to the constricts of common decency ... But then things start getting mucked up ... Because there is always some grey area that comes into play ...

Additionally, the typical sentences doled out by our criminal justice system make absolutely no sense to me at all ... Folks spend the most productive times of their lives locked up for what seem to me to be things that are not that big a deal ... Other folks walk away from the most horrendous crimes on "tecnicalities" that have nothing to do with their guilt or innocence. I would hope and pray that, even wrol I would be smarter than to allow those things to happen.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think rape is ever acceptable even against another "group." Killing in the heat of battle I would not classify as murder but killing to just kill out of meanness is. Scavenging/theft for group survival I could look past unless it caused conflict and battle between another group.

I can see your point. So much depends on ones "idea" of what SHTF means or is. For me, SHTF is the absence of law, therefor I make my own with my group. With that in mind there is no gray area. Our(my group) laws only apply to our group.

Heres a cold hard example. Theft, rape and murder are not permisible in my group....my group has family and a couple of related freinds. I dont care if or how "John" gets laid outside the group. I dont care if he steals, robs or burgles outside the group. And it doesn't hurt me or the group if John murders men, women or kids....outside our group. Our group is key. Our group is my primary focus. If you aint in my group.....no laws, no morals, no rules applies. My groups total focus is just on us surviving until tomorrow. My group has no intention on rebuilding society or civilization. We aint going to play nice. We will be the group you fear to deal with or approach. Its best to just leave us alone and move on.

With this group, you will adhere to, basic common rules. No murder, rape, theft, betrayal of our group. The penalty is harsh, afterall, if you get accused, you might not get to explain or plead your defence. To bad, so sad, if ya Eff up n violate our simple group law, ya get dead. Group survives another day. Loyalty, Love and Dependability probably key to my groups survival.

Last edited:

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys need to get a clue that rape is not about getting laid. Its an act of power through a crime of a sexual nature. Rapist of any kind will meet with a seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY slow torturous violent death in my group, period. They are going to be just as afraid and powerless as their victims regardless of who's group they did what in. So if'n any of ya'll think rapin is ok in any sense ever you can just do yourselves a major favor and stay the hell away because rape sympathizers will be met with pretty much the same fate just quicker.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with the confines of one's group rules are strict and well defined. If it is truly a complete geopolitical collapse survival will be difficult to say the least. At first I think small mobile/"stealthy" is the key until complete chaos settles down and you have an idea of the cans from the can nots. But, with time groups will become bigger as safety in numbers becomes the rule. At this point the question is do you want a lawless murdering rapist in your group even though previously his/her activity was not directed at your group. I would have trouble trusting and accepting someone into my growing group if they had such a low regard for basic humanity that would indiscriminately rape and murder just because they could. Yes, I know I'm a utopian idealist.

Loyalty, Love and Dependability probably key to my groups survival. - And mine I hope.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Subprep, my point about rape wasnt meant to be taken as rape or rapist is "ok". Rather the rules or laws really only apply to a particular group. It was an off comment not meant to insult. Im truely sorry if I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom