Conflicted.... Card #6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah ... so far they've been interesting. I like seeing other folks' take on them. I tend to be a black and white kinda reader (thank you, all you lawyers out there ... ) but some of these guys (especially that ratski fella :P) is really good at thinking "around" the card and touching on things that never even crossed my mind ...

You gotta post them all ... eventually ... I find myself ready for the next one before Friday ...

:blush:

That's just because I have a "twisted" mind

Dave

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither.

If the guy who has the stuff doesn't know what he's doing AND thinks his stuff is of any value to him sitting unused, then he isn't smart enough to be of any value to any of us.
If the guy who knows what he's doing doesn't have the stuff to do it, when he had all the time before to prepare for HIS ONE JOB, then he doesn't know what he's doing.

The point being to not operate with these people from the start. I'm not going to collect seeds I don't know how to plant, I'm going to go to the farmer for help. I'm not going to scavenge parts I can't use, I'll take them to the mechanic. Anyone who intends otherwise is delusional and therefore a danger to everyone around them.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither.

If the guy who has the stuff doesn't know what he's doing AND thinks his stuff is of any value to him sitting unused, then he isn't smart enough to be of any value to any of us.
If the guy who knows what he's doing doesn't have the stuff to do it, when he had all the time before to prepare for HIS ONE JOB, then he doesn't know what he's doing.

The point being to not operate with these people from the start. I'm not going to collect seeds I don't know how to plant, I'm going to go to the farmer for help. I'm not going to scavenge parts I can't use, I'll take them to the mechanic. Anyone who intends otherwise is delusional and therefore a danger to everyone around them.

No one in these scenarios will have just ONE JOB. It is just that some may do a Job better than others.

I would certainly put aside seeds I can't plant and care for before the problem. They are a low space occupier and might be very useful at a future time. Just because I don't know everything about using them now, doesn't mean I won't put some aside.

Same with other items. I may put them aside knowing I will probably need it in the future in the hopes that someone with a better knowledge of their use is or becomes part of my group. I may also put them aside as trade goods.

Dave

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the point exactly. If I have gear my friends need, it's theirs. If I have food and my friends don't, I choose to share.
The person who hoards things for himself but then wants the benefit of other community resources wouldn't be part of the community.

This person should be free to not participate in or contribute to the group effort, and we are free to let him go without stuff later.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope it says "suppose your group is captured, what would you trade to regain your freedom?"

Correct answer.....2 bottles of brown Elderberry wine. Problem solved.

or 'what if a member of the group walks off his post and is 'captured'. Would / should you trade 5 captured enemy combatant leaders to get him back?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
or 'what if a member of the group walks off his post and is 'captured'. Would / should you trade 5 captured enemy combatant leaders to get him back?

Depends on his value. Personally I wouldnt have 5 captured anybodys. But there would prolly be 5 corpses laying around for trade.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you, Lurker. Why feed the basturds when we have limited supplies or even if we don't?

As to value, he IS a deserter, he has NO VALUE to my group. He left once, possibly sold you out, and he'll not the chance to leave again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom