Congress passes spending bill that includes selling milsurp 1911s through CMP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope it becomes a reality:

http://www.guns.com/2017/11/20/cong...t-includes-selling-milsurp-1911s-through-cmp/
Congress passes spending bill that includes selling milsurp 1911s through CMP
11/20/17| by Chris Eger

..."the bill instructs the Secretary of the Army to conduct a two-year pilot program that will transfer “not less than 8,000 surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols” in 2018 with a cap of no more than 10,000 transferred per fiscal year. The program would then be reviewed to ensure the guns were sold by CMP in accordance with applicable federal laws and evaluate its cost to the Army."...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What paperwork? There is no purchase process yet agreed to by the CMP. Or do you mean the basic CMP ID info?
Sending in the paperwork post notary so I'm in the system. I could do it when I actually buy but I like to get a jump on things.
Dennis, CMP is supposed to go thru the 1911's and replace the parts that are worn beyond tolerance similar to the M1 Garands that are rec'd worn out. Wouldn't you think?

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sending in the paperwork post notary so I'm in the system. I could do it when I actually buy but I like to get a jump on things.
Dennis, CMP is supposed to go thru the 1911's and replace the parts that are worn beyond tolerance similar to the M1 Garands that are rec'd worn out. Wouldn't you think?
I'd think they would replace the worn parts, but there are parts that wear that can't be repaired. I guess they could replace that though with other parts not worn as much.
The ones we were qualifying with basically rattled. Slides were sloppy, and the barrel could be wiggled around freely. I wasn't that smart on guns in that day and time, but It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they were worn out. They shot accordingly.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I become Supreme Dictator of the World for life, all those MilSurp weapons will be distributed immediately to qualifying American citizens (no charge) and I will import all those Lend Lease weapons languishing in foreign warehouses and do the same with them.....

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I become Supreme Dictator of the World for life, all those MilSurp weapons will be distributed immediately to qualifying American citizens (no charge) and I will import all those Lend Lease weapons languishing in foreign warehouses and do the same with them.....

Are you a Republican or Librarian? Or an Imbiber of the First degree? I'd vote for you even if you were an ewwww! Librarian.
So when do I get my surplus gun? I will pay the postage, just take it to UPS and they'll box it up. And thanks! But don't touch any wimmin in congress!! On re-reeding, I see that you are to be the World Dicktator, you don't need to worry, you'll have wimmin falling all over yew and share wif all your frens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom