Constitutional carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was based on reciprocity. Does Kansas have Constitutional Carry?

Either way, I was answering on a general perspective. If someone from CA or NY without a carry license from their home state or anywhere else, was here, and owned a gun legally, would they be allowed to carry under the Constitutional Carry? Based on what I remember from reading the bill earlier this week, the answer is yes.
Without anything to do with this bill, folks from other states who already have constitutional carry (KS being one) can come here without a permit. Yes.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not photoshop, it is on the news on 6 website, From the article: "The biggest impact OSBI says comes in the form of background checks. According to the bill, no vetting of anyone in possession of a firearm beyond National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check can be used. Currently, the NICS does not search mental health records, Oklahoma State Court Records for criminal cases, state drug conviction prohibitions, prohibitions for violence and domestic abuse, or protective orders for domestic relationships." They are also apparently unhappy that law enforcement isn't allowed to just stop and disarm or restrain someone without reasonable suspicion of criminal activity.
It shouldn't search court records. Convictions are reported to NICS; cases in progress aren't, and shouldn't be--if they're still in progress, there's been no finding of guilt, and thus rights shouldn't be infringed.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma recognizes all other states' requirements for carrying a weapon.

So if someone is from a Constitutional Carry state, they (already) don't need a permit in Oklahoma either.

HOWEVER... if their state of residence requires a valid permit, Oklahoma requires that same valid permit from their state.

Not 100% sure, but I don't necessarily see this changing. :drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma recognizes all other states' requirements for carrying a weapon.

So if someone is from a Constitutional Carry state, they (already) don't need a permit in Oklahoma either.

HOWEVER... if their state of residence requires a valid permit, Oklahoma requires that same valid permit from their state.

Not 100% sure, but I don't necessarily see this changing. :drunk2:
Reciprocity won't change with this bill.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And who is to say which of the people shouldn't be carrying? Or having kids? Or voting? Or serving on juries, or... I know! We could have a Dictator in Chief! (DIC) Yeah, that's the ticket, some retired democratic government official who could arbitrarily approve or deny people's "rights". The DIC would have the final say.

Actually, I agree with you on this, as a matter of practicality, but a right is a right, and none among us can arbitrarily decide if the other person's (non-felons) rights should be forfeited. So, in a truly free society, we have to take the bad with he good. I'll take it any day, over a situation like the above, where some DIC decides if I can avail myself of my lawful rights or not.

I absolutely agree. Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come thru.

But I'll be glad to be dictator for a while if the job's open :bolt:

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? He authored the bill for christ sake.

From the article:
One of the biggest proponents of the bill Representative Jeff Coody argued requiring a gun license only impacts law abiding citizens because criminals don’t follow the laws anyhow during the house vote in April.

Because he is an idiot regardless of this bill.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THAT is a load of ******** and the fact that they are saying it outloud tells me that OSBI needs to be done away with completely. I'm pretty sure ABLE and DPS could swallow up whatever administrative stuff OSBI thinks they contribute to the war on opioids without so much as the blink of an eye.

Then you really have no clue how law enforcement has to work in most of the state outside of the metro areas. I'm sure traffic cops investigating homicides would go great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom