Controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve seen this. Mine are too young or I’d be applying. I like the idea.
IMG_4083.jpeg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I fail to see how this increases female hunter participation.
I’m poorly equipped to discuss that topic. But my assumption is that women are more likely to go hunting (and buy a license) if they are going to share their outdoor time with their husband/kids. It might not do anything to recruit more women to hunt, but it MIGHT increase license sales to women?

Outside of that, I’d welcome an additional opportunity to go hunt bonus deer with my kids anytime.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m poorly equipped to discuss that topic. But my assumption is that women are more likely to go hunting (and buy a license) if they are going to share their outdoor time with their husband/kids. It might not do anything to recruit more women to hunt, but it MIGHT increase license sales to women?

Outside of that, I’d welcome an additional opportunity to go hunt bonus deer with my kids anytime.
Thanks for posting that - My great-nephew and his dad got signed up.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard someone's theorizing once on a youth hunt that I thought was thought provoking. He mentioned that teaching young girls to hunt may turn them into hunters as grown women, but it can also make it more likely that she may grow up to marry a hunter and appreciate more what he does.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard someone's theorizing once on a youth hunt that I thought was thought provoking. He mentioned that teaching young girls to hunt may turn them into hunters as grown women, but it can also make it more likely that she may grow up to marry a hunter and appreciate more what he does.
Bring home the bacon

Latest posts

Top Bottom