Converting CARB compliant to Actually Usable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well soon you will not be seeing those types of cans since Blitz is no longer operating.

Still some around. Looks like Briggs and Stratton has filled the void in WalMart. At least temporarily.

conversion still works on other cans.

Not sure about the future of Blitz. I read where a Canadian company bought them out and plans on continuing production. Might be a good thing, especially if they are producing for Canada. I don't think Canada has the BS CARB cans.

Dave

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I converted my 6 cans today. It took just a little over an hour, but a lot of that time was pouring the gas from a full can to an empty that I had already converted. I had to do that 3 times. I was just leery of trying to convert a full can.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to admit, seeing that so many people have made this conversion and seem to be happy with it gives me warm fuzzies inside!!!

I hope that the gubmint doesn't make it a crime, cause I'd probably be considered an accessory for all those!!!!

Dave

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to convert my 2 plastic blitz cans tomorrow. Anybody seen their valves swell? I know that rubber swells with gasoline exposure. I cracked a couple of sceptre gasket retainers before I switched them out for viton.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you just keep a replacement spout on hand?

www.jessereich.com_OSA_spout.jpg

I found it at Atwoods in BA.

On another note, anyone know where you can get some rubber stoppers so I can keep the can's sealed without the pout spout?

Thanks,
J

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom