Converting CARB compliant to Actually Usable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you just keep a replacement spout on hand?

www.jessereich.com_OSA_spout.jpg

I found it at Atwoods in BA.

On another note, anyone know where you can get some rubber stoppers so I can keep the can's sealed without the pout spout?

Thanks,
J

Not sure all Atwoods carry the spout.

They are part of the conversion process. I tried to place the vent that comes with that package and it was a pain in the ass. Had two of them crumple on me.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you just keep a replacement spout on hand?

www.jessereich.com_OSA_spout.jpg

I found it at Atwoods in BA.

Went to Atwoods in Lawton today. Sales Tax Free Saturday.

Found that they had these there for a buck less than the online price.

AND....they have strike anywhere matches. First time I've seen them in a while.

Dave

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These work well for me also. For the cans you still have the original locking pour spout, you can take some needle nose pliers and rip out the locking assembly piece of plastic and you can then just turn them up and squeeze to pour. You have to be a little aggressive with that little band piece, it is not made to remove easily off the mounting post.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've found the rubber on the tire valves seriously deteriorates after a period of time. Bad enough they will pull completely through the hole in the gas can. Mine are about 2 1/2 years old. Keep some extra valves on hand and change them when they go bad.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmmm quess i been doing it wrong for many years i just use a self tapping metal screw and screw into the plastic and leave it when i need air in the can i just use fingers to unscrew the screw and the tab on the spout nut i use a pocket knife and cut it off no need to cut the tab off the can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom