Cops Barge Into Calif. Parents’ Home, Take Their Baby After They Seek 2nd Medical Op.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You people are so quick to read into things......or maybe I should of clarified. My comment on people telling me how to do my job was meant to be about post about the police on here lately (arm chair quarterback comment). I do have a habit of sticking up for police cause that is what I do. I don't feel I'm above anyone here nor have I ever said that. I just I think people are naive to listen and think that the news media is telling the truth especially without knowing the facts. I do take it personal when people say I don't protect the public, or I violate people's rights, or just write tickets for revenue.....I know this specific thread wasn't directed towards me. I just prefer people to know what the role of the police is in certain things before they start spouting off stuff or making remarks that's all....

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You people are so quick to read into things......or maybe I should of clarified. My comment on people telling me how to do my job was meant to be about post about the police on here lately (arm chair quarterback comment). I do have a habit of sticking up for police cause that is what I do. I don't feel I'm above anyone here nor have I ever said that. I just I think people are naive to listen and think that the news media is telling the truth especially without knowing the facts. I do take it personal when people say I don't protect the public, or I violate people's rights, or just write tickets for revenue.....I know this specific thread wasn't directed towards me. I just prefer people to know what the role of the police is in certain things before they start spouting off stuff or making remarks that's all....

You do realize most of us have either been in LEO positions or around the community for many many years, right? :comfort: I don't think there is anyone on here that takes the media at face value, I think you are being a little thin skinned, and when you defend LEO based on the same information that all of us have as well, it is just the opposite side of the coin.

I have a very good friend that is retired LEO, that is in Fed Pen right now, and I feel he was railroaded, and set up to take a fall. He is up for retrial, and looks to be released. If I believed the media, I would have convicted on face value, but even reading between the lines, I could see the holes. I think to be honest, we have more tin foil hatters here than we do sheep that follow the media.

Yes, police work is what you do, but the motive has to be a servant's mindset. It seems that sometimes the "Guns, Light, and Sirens" mentality overtake that. We have some really good Police, and are lucky to have some of them on this forum, one high profile one is Michael Brown. Realize that people are not talking about you all the time, it is OK to disagree with LEO and Government. Don't defend someone in your same profession, there are bad policemen, soldiers, firefighters, grocery store clerks, pastors, teachers, etc. They just seem to get the press more than the one that has done their job without recognition 364 days, and had a perfect storm on the 365th.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not read all pages of this thread but it is portrayed like th police "kicked in" the door. They didn't, it was opened for them.

I cant remember if it was here or on another forum but I read some good advice that has stuck with me: If the police are at your front door, and you didn't call them, don't answer it. Talk to them through the door. Opening the door is seen as an invitation inside as far as I can tell these days. Peep holes are useful when used.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah if you have the money(justice isn't free) and can find a lawyer who will sue the state it's a breeze.
After reading the final order below and knowing Mr. Hall lost his family farm to fight his case and that his children still suffer from their time in foster care you'd think he'd be able to find a lawyer to bring a suit huh?

http://www.donhaslam.com/cases/documents/Hallfinalorder.PDF

Actually, a lot of lawyers will take cases like these just for the publicity (and 20% if they win). If the next hospital finds the same as the second opinion they got, then the first hospital is not only guilty of being asshats, they are guilty of malpractice. If the story is true, they were trying to force the parents into choosing an unnecessary open heart surgery for their child and prevent them from getting a second opinion. Suing the state may or may not be a viable option, but suing the hospital seems like a potential winner to me.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opend door or not, unless you tell someone they can come in there isn't an invitation to come inside. LEOs know this, don't let some one bs you that they don't.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize most of us have either been in LEO positions or around the community for many many years, right? :comfort: I don't think there is anyone on here that takes the media at face value, I think you are being a little thin skinned, and when you defend LEO based on the same information that all of us have as well, it is just the opposite side of the coin.

I have a very good friend that is retired LEO, that is in Fed Pen right now, and I feel he was railroaded, and set up to take a fall. He is up for retrial, and looks to be released. If I believed the media, I would have convicted on face value, but even reading between the lines, I could see the holes. I think to be honest, we have more tin foil hatters here than we do sheep that follow the media.

Yes, police work is what you do, but the motive has to be a servant's mindset. It seems that sometimes the "Guns, Light, and Sirens" mentality overtake that. We have some really good Police, and are lucky to have some of them on this forum, one high profile one is Michael Brown. Realize that people are not talking about you all the time, it is OK to disagree with LEO and Government. Don't defend someone in your same profession, there are bad policemen, soldiers, firefighters, grocery store clerks, pastors, teachers, etc. They just seem to get the press more than the one that has done their job without recognition 364 days, and had a perfect storm on the 365th.

leave me alone.....I'm going through my midlife crisis and I'm touchy.....lol

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Opend door or not, unless you tell someone they can come in there isn't an invitation to come inside. LEOs know this, don't let some one bs you that they don't.

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_31ggjaUllrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/High-Cotton-Doormat-Come-Warrant/dp/B00020O572/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not read all pages of this thread but it is portrayed like th police "kicked in" the door. They didn't, it was opened for them.

I cant remember if it was here or on another forum but I read some good advice that has stuck with me: If the police are at your front door, and you didn't call them, don't answer it. Talk to them through the door. Opening the door is seen as an invitation inside as far as I can tell these days. Peep holes are useful when used.

I agree. And as for all the defensive posturing, I for one have friends that are cops, so it's not a personal "cop hating thing".

It's more of a "stay out of my business" thing. DHS, IRS, CPS, BFD, they all use cops for what they are: armed force against civilians. If the sole intent and purpose was to prevent crime and solve murders, I'm OK with that.

If you want to know where I'm going, how I got my money, or how I raise my kids - I'm not going to be very cooperative.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think this part covers it. They took the keys from the father by force and let themselves into the house.

he next day police showed up at the Nikolayev’s home with representatives from Child Protective Services (CPS). Alex went outside to meet them, where he says he was “pushed against the building.” When he asked if he was being placed under arrest, he said they “smacked me down onto the ground [and] yelled out, ‘I think I got the keys to the house.’”

Seeing the scene outside, Anna set up a camera in front of her door.

Video shows police letting themselves in without a warrant, and taking the baby.

“I’m going to grab your baby, and don’t resist, and don’t fight me okay?” one officer can be heard telling the mother in the video.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, a lot of lawyers will take cases like these just for the publicity (and 20% if they win). If the next hospital finds the same as the second opinion they got, then the first hospital is not only guilty of being asshats, they are guilty of malpractice. If the story is true, they were trying to force the parents into choosing an unnecessary open heart surgery for their child and prevent them from getting a second opinion. Suing the state may or may not be a viable option, but suing the hospital seems like a potential winner to me.

Suing the state would be required, in my book. Let the KGB meet some uncooperative parents that cause them to re-think how bad they want to interfere. If that's not youur style, let it proceed and get a lawyer, so the superiors of the KGB door-knockers can do some re-thinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom